Directions(1-10): In each of the questions below four sentences are given which are denoted by A, B, C and D By using all the four sentences you have to frame a meaningful para. The correct order of the sentences is your answer. Choose from the five alternatives the one having the correct order of the sentences.
- (A) It was with this invincible spirit that Netaji opposed Wavell’s offer.
(B) “Japan’s surrender is not India’s surrender,” he said.
(C)The revolutionary spirit of Netaji was never dampened even after the surrender of Japan.
(D)He knew that a war of liberation demanded great spirit, great sacrifice, courage and patience.BCDABCADCBADDCBACBDAOption E
- (A) But all work is not education.
(B) In India, a majority of our people do hard work, strenuous physical work, but all are not educated.
(C)It aims at concrete and objective realization of the ideas and is of great educative value.
(D)“Work” is that activity of man which has a definite objective.DCABBCDABACDDBCACBADOption A
- (A) Hari Prasad Nanda is one such person who worked his way to the top from the scratch.
(B) A few of them had a spark of proved adventure and their initiative, dedication and sincerity brought them spectacular success.
(C)The partition of India into India and Pakistan made a number of migrants to India penniless.
(D)He rose to become a first-generation entrepreneur with the second largest complex to his credit.ADBCADCBCBADCBDABCDAOption C
- (A) They think that India will disintegrate like the Soviet Union or Yugoslavia.
(B) What will be the exact shape of India in 2000 AD can only be a matter of surmise.
(C) On the contrary, the blind patriots foresee a very bright future for India.
(D)The prophets of doom say that the future of India is doomed.BCDABDACDABCDBACBCADOption B
- (A) I wish I had more time, so that I could visit the odd nooks and corners of India.
(B) And yet I have not seen many parts of the country we love so much and seek to serve.
(C)Our own country is a little world by itself with an infinite variety and places for us to discover.
(D)I have travelled a great deal in this country and I have grown in years.DCBADBCAADBCCDBACBADOption D
- (A) By increasing these connections the intelligence is also increased.
(B) Classical music has been proved to be very helpful in child development.
(C) Many doctors now a days use it for therapeutic purposes which are based upon the findings of this research.
(D)The research has demonstrated that listening to classical music increases the rate of nervous connections in brain.BDCADBACACBDBDACBCADOption D
- (A) This right, however, comes along with the responsibility which the press is forced to work with.
(B) It means that the pressmen have every right to expose matters related to public and national interest.
(C) Such responsibilities include not broadcasting matters related to national security and other sensitive issues.
(D)Freedom of press is symbolic of democracy.DBCADBACABCDBDACBCDAOption B
- (A) A popular example of this damage is the Taj Mahal, whose marble has been corroded due to acid rain.
(B) It changes the acidic content of water bodies, thus affecting the lives of the living organisms of this habitat.
(C) Acid rain has been a major factor responsible for the degradation of the environment.
(D)Along with affecting the living beings, it is also responsible for the corrosion of several heritage buildings, thus causing irreparable damages to them.CBADCDBABADCBDACCBDAOption E
- (A) Along with missing their education, these children also face life-threatening dangers by working in hazardous chemical factories.
(B) Child labour has been interfering with the education of millions of children across India.
(C) However, there is a dire need to reinforce these laws strictly throughout the country.
(D)Many laws have been framed in order to curb this evil.BADCCBADDBACBDACBACDOption A
- (A) Their invention has been proved to be a boon to the society since many diseases caused by the microbes could be cured by these antibiotics.
(B) The scientists, therefore, face a continuous challenge to keep inventing newer drugs to counter this problem.
(C)A major hurdle in the use of antibiotics, however, is that the microbes develop resistance to the antibiotics, thus rendering these ineffective.
(D)Antibiotics are chemical substances produced by microbes which are capable of inhibiting the growth of other microbes.BACDCBADDABCDACBABDCOption D