Directions(1-5): Rearrange the following five sentences A, B, C, D and E in the proper sequence to form a meaningful/coherent paragraph and answer the questions that follow.
A.At the end of two months the total rainfall has met the criteria for ‘normality,’ although there are wide variations in the patterns of showers, leaving some districts hit by drought as others face floods.
B.As with many previous monsoons, this rainy season has so far witnessed a lot of death and destruction: at least 465 people have died this year.
C.Official data show that the realisation of 384.7 mm of rain as of July 25 is only a 3% negative departure from the Long Period Average.
D.Yet, within this phase of the monsoon, some districts of Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Bihar, Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Gujarat, Telangana and Vidarbha experienced deficits ranging from 20% to 59%.
E.The most recent assessment put out by the India Meteorological Department, that the southwest monsoon will be “normal” after a short break, comes as a relief.
- Which of the following will be the THIRD statement after the rearrangement?
Correct Sequence: EACDB.
- Which of the following will be the FOURTH statement after the rearrangement?
- Which of the following will be the FIRST statement after the rearrangement?
- Which of the following will be the SECOND statement after the rearrangement?
- Which of the following will be the FIFTH statement after the rearrangement?
- The highly stylized figurine of a horse / of ancient Greek art, a type (P)/ from the so-called Geometric period (Q)/ was listed for auction in New York (R)/ highly popular with collectors, (S)
QSRPQPSRPQRSPRQSNone of the aboveOption B
- During 17th century there were / best vocalists they could muster to perform the compositions, (P)/ so courts would have to employ them (Q)/ few established opera singers, (R)/ with varying success (S)
QSRPSQRPRQPSPRQSNone of the aboveOption C
- The seeds that are stored, / of use in the event of (P)/ species is lost due to natural disasters (Q)/ in the seed vault, can be (R)/ a global catastrophe or when some (S)
RPSQSQRPSRPQPRQSNone of the aboveOption A
- Colston, who was born in 1636 / became prominently involved in (P)/ the Royal African Company (Q)/ England’s official slaving company at the time, (R)/ to a wealthy merchant family, (S)
QSRPSQRPSRPQSPRQNone of the aboveOption D
- Located around 500 km from Mumbai, / the Lonar Lake in Buldhana (P)/ hub and also attracts scientists (Q)/ district is a popular tourist (R)/ from all over the world (S)
QSRPPRQSSRPQPRSQNone of the aboveOption B
Directions(6-10): In the given question, a statement divided into different segments is given. The first segment is fixed, rearrange the other segments to form a coherent statement. If the sentence is already arranged or the correct sequence doesn’t match any of the given sequence, mark (E). i.e. “None of the above” as your answer.