Directions(1-5): In each question below a sentence with four words are numbered as 1,2,3,4. One of these four words may be either wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence. Find out the word which is wrongly spelt or inappropriate. If all the words are correctly spelt and also appropriate in the context of the sentence, mark 5 as your answer.
- The questionnaire(1) reflected(2) various phenomena(3) that are sparingly(4) experienced.
The appropriate word is ‘rarely’.
- Countrary(1) to popular belief(2), ripe fruits are not necessarily(3) delicious.(4)
The correct spelling is ‘contrary’.
- The most ambitious(1) enterprise(2) undertaken in ancient(3) Egypt was the construction(4) of pyramids.
All the mentioned words are correct.
- The astronomical(1) calculations(2) were admiringly(3) accurate(4).
All the given words are absolutely correct.
- Looking inward from the top of the ramparts(1), the sentries(2) had a marvellous panerama(3) spread(4) before them.
The correct spelling is ‘panorama’.
- Games between England and Australia enjoy a popularity sadly _______ in other parts of the world.
D- inadequatelyADABBDCDAll fitOption C
- A recent survey _______ that light pollution was threatening darkness almost everywhere.
D- unveilingADABBCCDAll fitOption D
- The mobile wallet firm Mobikwik recently announced that the users would now be ________ to pay traffic challans on its application.
D- allowedADABBCCDAll fitOption C
- The President has consistently been _______ to take it on a bigger role in the world owing to reasons unknown.
D- reluctantACABBCCDAll fitOption A
- The two countries will _______ in the next phase of bilateral operation in the field of science and technology.
C- work together
D- join handsADABBCCDAll fitOption B
Directions(6-10): In each of the given sentences, a blank is given indicating that something is missing. From the given four options A, B, C, D, a combination of words would independently fit and one combination would not. Select that option that DOES NOT FIT as the answer. If all the given combinations fit perfectly, then select ‘All fit’ as the answer.