Time Speed Distance Questions for NICL, SBI PO, IBPS PO, NIACL, LIC, Dena Bank PO PGDBF, BOI, Bank of Baroda and other competitive exams
- A man covers a distance in 10hrs and in three equal parts. The speed is 10kmph, 20kmph and 60kmph respectively. Find the distance?
- Two persons covers same distance at 42kmph and 48kmph respectively. They find that the slower one takes 30minutes more to cover the distance. Find the distance cover by them?
- Two persons goes from A to B at 12kmph and 8kmph. The faster one reach B first and come back. He meets slower one at a point R. find the distance between A & R if the distance between A to B is 20km?
- Two trains are running on a parallel track in same direction. Train A comes from behind and overtake train B in 60seconds. One person in train A observes that he covers train B in 40seconds. If the speed of trains in the ratio of 3:1, then find the ratio of length of train A & B?
- If a person cover a distance in 5/7th of his normal speed, then he will reach his destination 20minutes late. Find the usual time taken by him on his normal speed?
- A man cover a distance in t hrs, if he met with an accident after 20km and he then run at his 3/5th of his normal speed, so he reach his destination 40minutes late. If he met with an accident at 30km then he reach only 30min late. Find his original speed?
- A thief steal a car at 1pm and run at a speed of 80kmph. The theft discovered at 2pm and police run behind him at a speed of 100kmph. Find at what time police will catch the theif?
- A boat travels upstream from Q to P and downstream from P to Q in 3hrs. if the distance between P to Q is 4km and the speed of the stream is 1kmph, then what is the speed of the boat in still water?
- A boat covers 12km upstream and 18km downstream in 3hrs. while it covers 36km up stream and 24km downstream in 6(1/2) hrs. find velocity of the stream?
- Two person A & B with speed of 30kmph and 40kmph comes towards each other. When they meet it is find that faster one cover 30km more than slower one, find the distance cover by train?