2018 Union Budget Quiz Set 1
We have come up with important Quiz Questions based on the Union Budget 2018-19 that are expected in the upcoming examinations.
MCQs based on Union Budget 2018-19– Click Here to Read the Highlights of Union Budget 2018-19
- As per the Union Budget 2018-19, what is the projected fiscal deficit for the financial year 2018-19?
Fiscal Deficit is pegged at 3.5 % of GDP at Rs 5.95 lakh crore for 2017-18 and projected at 3.3 % for 2018-19.
- The 2018 Budget has enhanced the existing exemption limit of interest income on senior citizen’s deposits from Rs 10000 to Rs ____________
Rs 20,000Rs 50,000Rs 60,000Rs 10,000Rs 30,000Option B
Raised the deduction of interest income on senior citizen’s bank and post office deposits from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 50,000.
- The Budget 2018-19 has replaced the existing 3 percent education cess with _________ percent of ‘Health & Education Cess’
Existing 3 percent education cess to be replaced by a 4 percent “Health and Education Cess” to collect an estimated additional amount of Rs 11,000 crores.
- What is the target set for disinvestment for the financial year 2018-19?
Rs 80,000 croreRs 60,000 croreRs 20,000 croreRs 40,000 croreNone of TheseOption A
Disinvestment crossed target of Rs 72,500 crore and likely to reach Rs 1,00,000 crore in 2017-18. Disinvestment target of Rs 80,000 crore set for 2018-19.
- How much amount has been allocated to the NABH Nirman scheme in the union budget 2018-19 to expand the existing airport capacity?
Rs 10 croresRs 20 croresRs 40 croresRs 50 croresRs 60 croresOption E
NABH Nirman initiative announced with allocation of Rs 60 crores to expand airport capacity. Airport Authority of India (AAI) has 124 airports; Under NABH Nirman propose to expand airport capacity by more than 5 times to handle 1 billion trips a year.
- What is the pegged capital expenditure for Railway Sector for the year 2018-19?
Rs 1,45,258 croreRs 1,48,528 croreRs 1,46,285 croreRs 1,42,852 croreRs 1,44,582 croreOption B
Capital Expenditure in Railway Sector for the year 2018-19 has been pegged at Rs 1,48,528 crore.
- How many houses are sanctioned to be constructed under the Prime Minister Awas Scheme (Urban) as announced in the Union Budget 2018?
Rs 31 LakhRs 37 LakhRs 33 LakhRs 35 LakhRs 39 LakhOption B
Construction of 37 lakh houses sanctioned under Prime Minister Awas Scheme (Urban).
- How much amount has been targettted for lending under MUDRA for 2018-19?
Rs 1 lakh croreRs 2 lakh croreRs 3 lakh croreRs 4 lakh croreRs 5 lakh croreOption C
Set target of Rs 3 lakh crore for lending under MUDRA for 2018-19.
- In an effort to comply with digital economy, the government aims to move from black board mode of teaching to digital boards in schools by which year?
Aims to move from black board to digital board schools by 2022.
- How much amount has been allocated for the treatment of TB Patients in the Union Budget 2018-19?
Rs 700 croreRs 600 croreRs 500 croreRs 400 croreRs 200 croreOption B
Additional Rs 600 crore allocated to provide nutritional support to all TB patients at the rate of Rs 500 per month for the duration of their treatment.
- According to the Budget 2018, the loans to the Women Self Help Groups has been increased to Rs ______ crore
Rs 55,000 croreRs 75,000 croreRs 65,000 croreRs 45,000 croreRs 25,000 croreOption B
Loans to Women Self Help Groups to increase to Rs.75,000 crore by March 2019 from 42,500 crore last year.
- In an effort to promote bamboo sector, how much amount has been allocated to the National Bamboo Mission?
Rs 1,300 croreRs 1,190 croreRs 1,290 croreRs 1,250 croreRs 1,180 croreOption C
Restructured National Bamboo Mission to be launched at a cost of Rs 1,290 crore to promote bamboo sector.
- The PAN card has been made mandatory for any transaction of Rs _______ lakh or more
Rs 1.5 lakhRs 2 lakhRs 3 lakhRs 2,5 lakhRs 1 lakhOption D
Govt makes PAN mandatory for any entity entering into a financial transaction of Rs 2.5 lakh or more.
- How many new government medical colleges and hospitals have been sanctioned to be constructed as per the Union Budget 2018-19?
A total of 24 new government medical colleges and hospitals will be set up
- What is the total budgeted expenditure for 2018-19?
Rs 21.41 lakh croreRs 24.42 lakh croreRs 22.22 lakh croreRs 22.24 lakh croreRs 24.22 lakh croreOption B
Total budgeted expenditure for 2018-19 is set at Rs 2,442,213 crore (US$ 383.93 billion).
- How much amount has been allocated to the Digital India programme for 2018-19 fiscal?
Rs 3,073 croreRs 2,000 croreRs 1,320 croreRs 4,025 croreRs 3,612 croreOption A
Budgetary allocation of Rs 3,073 crore (US$ 483.09 million) for the Digital India programme is made for 2018-19.
- According to the 2018-19 Budget, the Customs duty on mobile phones will be increased from 15 percent to _____ percent
Customs duty on mobile phones will be increased from 15 percent to 20 percent
- The government has announced to set up an institute to train manpower required for work on high speed rail projects in which of the following cities?
A dedicated institute to train manpower required for work on high speed rail projects will be established in Vadodara.
- How many prominent tourist sites will be developed into iconic tourism destinations to promote tourism as per the Budget 2018-19?
To promote tourism in the country, 10 prominent tourist sites will be developed into iconic tourism destinations
- According to the 2018 Budget speech, over ______ million formal jobs will be created in the country during 2018-19.
5 million7 million9 million11 millionNone of theseOption B
As per an independent study conducted, over 7 million formal jobs will be created in the country during 2018-19.