2018 Union Budget Quiz Set 2
We have come up with important Quiz Questions based on the Union Budget 2018-19 that are expected in the upcoming examinations.
MCQs based on Union Budget 2018-19– Click Here to Read the Highlights of Union Budget 2018-19
- According to the data by the Union Budget 2018-19, 470 APMCs out of 585 APMCs have been connected to e-NAM network while remaining is targeted to be connected by _______
April 2018July 2018December 2018March 2018June 2018Option D
470 Agricultural Produce Market Committees (APMC) out of 585 APMCs have been connected to e-NAM network and rest will be connected by March 2018.
- Which among the following scheme has been proposed to be launched for converting cattle dungs and solid waste into compost and similar products?
AMRIT SANJEEVANIGOBAR-DHANJAIVIC KHAADFASAL CHAKRAGOBAR-GASOption B
Scheme called Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources Dhan (GOBAR-DHAN) to be launched for conversion of cattle dung and solid waste in farms to compost, fertilizer, bio-gas and bio-CNG.
- In an effort to improve the qauliy of teachers, government has decided to initiate integrated programme for which course?
Right to Education Act to be amended to enable training of more than 13 lakh untrained teachers; Integrated B. Ed programme to be initiated to improve quality of teachers.
- The Eklavya schools has been proposed to be set up for Scheduled Tribe (ST) population in every blocks where the ST population is more than _______ percent
Eklavya schools to be started for Scheduled Tribe population. Every block with more than 50 percent ST population and at least 20,000 tribal people will have Ekalvya schools at par with Navodaya Vidyalayas by 2022.
- The ‘Revitalising Infrastructure and Systems in Education (RISE) by 2022’ initiative has been proposed to be launched in the next 4 years at an investment of Rs _________
Rs 50,000 croreRs 75,000 croreRs 1,50,000 croreRs 90,000 croreRs 1,00,000 croreOption E
Initiative named ‘‘Revitalising Infrastructure and Systems in Education (RISE) by 2022’’ to be launched with a total investment of Rs 1,00,000 crore in next 4 years.
- Identify the correct statement
Under PM Jan Dhan Yojana, all 10 crore accounts would be expaned under micro insurance and pension schemes.The volume of institutional credit for agriculture sector for 2017-18 is Rs.15 lakh croreRe-structured National Bamboo Mission has been allocated Rs.1200 croreAll the 40 Mega Food Parks to be set up in the country would have state-of-the-art testing facilitiesNone Is CorrectOption E
The government will expand ll the 16 crore accounts of PM Jan Dhan Yojana under micro insurance and pension schemes. The volume of institutional credit for agriculture sectorincreased to Rs.10 lakh crore in 2017-18. Re-structured National Bamboo Mission has been allocated Rs.1290 crore to promote bamboo sector in a holistic manner. The state-of-the-art testing facilities would be set up in all the forty two Mega Food Parks.
- How much amount has been allocated to the Medium, Small and Micro Enterprises (MSMEs) in the Union Budget 2018-19?
Rs 3650 croreRs 3794 croreRs 3526 croreRs 3412 croreRs 3859 croreOption B
Rs 3794 crore has been allocated to MSME Sector.
- What is the estimated budgetary expenditure for infrastructure for 2018-19?
Rs 5.87 lakh croreRs 5.67 lakh croreRs 5.77 lakh croreRs 5.97 lakh croreRs 5.57 lakh croreOption D
Estimated budgetary and extra budgetary expenditure on infrastructure for 2018-19 increased to Rs 5.97 lakh crore against estimated expenditure of Rs 4.94 lakh crore in 2017-18.
- The government has announced to set up an indigenous 5G Test Bed at which of the following places?
IIT, BombayIIT, DelhiIIT, KanpurIIT, ChennaiIIT, RoorkeeOption D
Department of Telecom will establish indigenous 5G Test Bed at IIT, Chennai.
- According to the data in the Budget 2018, the disinvestment target for the year 2017-18 is likely to reach Rs _______
Rs 1,00,000 croreRs 75,000 croreRs 1,50,000 croreRs 2,00,000 croreRs 90,000 croreOption A
Disinvestment crossed target of Rs 72,500 crore and likely to reach Rs 1,00,000 crore in 2017-18.
- Which among the following schemes would be launched to address the challenge of price volatility of perishable commodities in an effort to satisfy both the farmers and consumers?
Operation VolatileOperation EarthOperation UnripeOperation GreensOperation FreshOption D
On the lines of ‘‘Operation Flood’’ a new Scheme ‘‘Operation Greens’’ was announced with an outlay of Rs 500 Crore to address the challenge of price volatility of perishable commodities like tomato, onion and potato with the satisfaction of both the farmers and consumers.
- How much amount has been announced in the budget for organized cultivation of highly specialized medicinal and aromatic plants?
Rs 100 croreRs 250 croreRs 200 croreRs 300 croreRs 150 croreOption C
Shri Jaitley announced Rs 200 crore for organized cultivation of highly specialized medicinal and aromatic plants and said that the organic farming by Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs) and Village Producers’ Organizations (VPOs) in large clusters, preferably of 1000 hectares each will be encouraged.
- How much amount has been allocated to the Prime Minister Krishi Sinchai Yojna-Har Khet ko Pani in the Union Budget 2018-19?
Rs 2500 croreRs 2700 croreRs 2600 croreRs 2800 croreRs 2900 croreOption C
Under Prime Minister Krishi Sinchai Yojna-Har Khet ko Pani, 96 deprived irrigation districts will be taken up with an allocation of Rs 2600 crore.
- The government of India has proposed to set up ______ wi-fi hotspots to provide net connectivity to five crore rural citizens
4 lakh5 lakh3 lakh2 lakh7 lakhOption B
To further Broadband access in villages, the Government proposes to set up five lakh wi-fi hotspots to provide net connectivity to five crore rural citizens. The Finance Minister allocated Rs. 10000 crore in 2018-19 for creation and augmentation of Telecom infrastructure.
- What is the revised emoluments for the Vice-President of India in the Budget 2018?
Rs 3.5 lakhsRs 3 lakhsRs 4.5 lakhsRs 4 lakhsRs 5 lakhsOption D
The Budget proposes to revise emoluments to Rs.5 lakh for the President, Rs 4 lakhs for the Vice President and Rs.3.5 lakh per month to Governor. These emoluments were last revised in 2006.
- Which year will mark the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi?
To celebrate the 150 Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, Father of the Nation from 2nd October 2019, the Budget set aside Rs.150 crore for the activities leading to the commemoration programme.
- According to the data in the budget 2018-19, the Fiscal Reform and Budget Management Committee has proposed to bring down the Central Government’s Debt to GDP ratio to _____ percent
He also proposed acceptance of key recommendations of the Fiscal Reform and Budget Management Committee to bring down Central Government’s Debt to GDP ratio to 40%.
- In case of real estate sector, no adjustment shall be made in respect of transactions in immovable property, where the Circle Rate value does not exceed _______ percent of the consideration.
Turning to the real estate sector, the Finance Minister has proposed that no adjustment shall be made in respect of transactions in immovable property, where the Circle Rate value does not exceed 5 percent of the consideration. This would minimize hardship in real estate transactions.
- The government has proposed lower corporate income tax rate for the benfit of the 99% of the MSME companies. As a result the estimated revenue forgone during Financial Year 2018-19 is Rs ________
Rs. 5,000 croreRs. 6,000 croreRs. 7,000 croreRs. 8,000 croreRs. 9,000 croreOption C
The estimated revenue forgone during Financial Year 2018-19 will be Rs. 7,000 crore.
- The government of India has identified 4 states for special scheme to address air pollution by subsidizing machinery required for proper management of crop residue. Which among the given states is not among the 4 states?
HaryanaRajasthanPunjabDelhiUttar PradeshOption B
The government has announced a special Scheme to support the efforts of the governments of Haryana, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh and the NCT of Delhi to address air pollution in the Delhi-NCR region by subsidizing machinery required for in-situ management of crop residue.