- Ram’s age after six years will be three-seventh of his father’s age. Ten years ago the ratio of their ages was 1:13. What is Ram’s father’s age at present?
36years32 years39 years42 yearsNoneOption A
10years before the ratio of their ages 1x:13x
After 6yrs Ram’s age will be 3/7th of his father
So Ram’s father present age is (13*2)+10=36years.
- Three pipes A, B and C can fill a tank from empty to full in 30 minutes, 20 minutes, and 10 minutes respectively. When the tank is empty, all the three pipes are opened. A, B and C discharge a chemical solutions P,Q and R respectively. What is the proportion of the solution R in the liquid in the tank after 4 minutes?
LCM(30, 20, 10)=60
A…. 30…. 2
B…. 20…. 3 ……. (Total 60unit)
C… 10 …. 6
Quantity filled by pipe C in 4 minutes=4*6=24litre
Quantity filled by pipe A,B,C together in 4 minutes=4*(2+3+6)=44litre
- Ten coins are tossed simultaneously. In how many of the outcomes will the third coin turn up a head?
2921026Cannot be determinedNoneOption A
When a coin is tossed once, there are two outcomes.
When 10 coins are tossed simultaneously, the outcomes= 210.
Out of these, if the third coin has to turn up a head, then the number of possibilities for the third coin is only 1 as the outcome is fixed as head.
Therefore, the remaining 9 coins can turn up either a head or a tail= 29.
- The average of runs of a cricket player of 10 innings was 35. How many runes must be made in his next innings so as to increase his average of runs by 5?
Average after 11 innings = 40(35+5)
Required number of runs =(40*11)-(35*10)
- A, B and C completed a work costing Rs. 1800. A work for 6 days, B for 4 days and c for 9 days. If their daily wages are in the ratio of 5:6:4, how much amount will be received by A?
Rs550Rs 600Rs575Rs610NoneOption B
Ratio of their daily wages = 5:6:4
Total wage = Rs. 1800
6*5x+4*6x+4*9x = 1800. [As A, B, C works for 6, 4, 9 days respectively] Or, 90x = 1500;
Or, x = 1800/90;
Total amount of A,
= 1800*30/90 = Rs. 600.
- A cistern can be filled by a tap in 5 hours while it can be emptied by another tap in 8 hours. If both the taps are opened simultaneously, then after how much time will the cistern get filled?
LCM 5 8 =40
5… 8unit (filled in 1hr)
8…. 5unit(emptied in 1 hr)
Since both pipes are opened 8-5=3litre filled in 1hr
Cistern filled in 40/3=13 1/3=13hrs20mins.
- A starts a business with a capital of Rs. 42,000. B joins in the business with Rs.36000 after some time. For how much period does B join, if the profits at the end of the year are divided in the ratio of 2 : 1?
4 month8 month7month5 monthNoneOption C
42000*12 : 36000*x=2:1
- A large cube is formed from the material obtained by melting three smaller cubes of 3, 4 and 5 cm side. What is the ratio of the total surface areas of the smaller cubes and the large cube?
Volume of the large cube = (33 + 43 + 53 ) = 216 cm3.
Let the edge of the large cube be a.
So, a3 = 216 ⇒ a = 6 cm.
∴ Required ratio =[(6*32+42+52 )/(6*62)]=50/36=25:18 .
- A vessel of capacity 2 litre has 25% alcohol and another vessel of capacity 6 litre had 40% alcohol. The total liquid of 8 litre was poured out in a vessel of capacity 10 litre and thus the rest part of the vessel was filled with the water. what is the new concentration of mixture ?
Amount of alcohol in first vessel,
= 25% of 2 litre
= 0.25*2 = 0.5 litre
Amount of alcohol in second vessel,
= 40% of 6 litre
= 0.4*6 = 2.4 litre
Total amount of alcohol out of 10 litres of mixture is,
0.5+2.4 = 2.9 litre.
Thus, Concentration of the mixture is,
- A is as much younger than B and he is older than C. If the sum of the ages of B and C is 45 years, what is the difference between B and A’s age?
4years6years8yearsData InadequateNoneOption D