Quantitative Aptitude Questions for IBPS RRB/PO/Clerk, SBI PO, NIACL, NICL, RBI Grade B/Assistant, BOI, Bank of Baroda and other competitive exams
- In a partnership , P invests 1/2 of the capital for 1/2 of the time , Q invests 1/6 of the capital for 1/6 of the time and R , the rest of the capital for the whole time. What is the share of R in the profit Rs. 6600.?
- In a business, the Capital of B was 3/4 times that of A. After 8 Months B withdrew 3/4 of his Capital and after 10 months A withdraw 1/2 th of his Capital. At the end of the year, if the total profit Rs. 35,500/- . Find the amount received by A in Rs. ?
B) Rs. 30,000
C) Rs. 33,000
D) Rs. 22,000
- Two equal sums of money were invested one at 6% and another at 6 ½%. At the end of 8yrs the S.I received on the latter exceeded that received on the former by Rs87.2.Find each sum.
A) Rs 2160
- A man lent out Rs.9600 at 7/4 % per annum for a year and 6 months. At the end of the duration, the amount he earned as S.I was:
C) Rs. 242
- Sheela sold an article for Rs. 8000 and incurred a loss. Had he sold the article for Rs.9500, his gain would have been equal to half of the amount of loss that he incurred. At what price should he sell the article to have 30% profit?
D) Rs 10560
- The price of a car is Rs. 6,50,000. It was insured for 70% of its price. The car got completely damaged and the insurance company paid 80% of the insured amount. What is the price of the difference between the price of the car and the amount of insurance received?
- A shopkeeper marks up his goods by 30% and then gives a discount of 30%. Besides he cheats both his supplier and customer by 100 g, i.e., he takes 1100 g from his supplier and sells only 900 g to his customer. What is his net proﬁt percentage? (Rounded off to two decimal points)
- The average of marks obtained by 150 candidates was 29. If the average of the passed candidates was 35 and that of the failed candidates was 20, then the number of those candidates, who passed the examination was:
- An alloy contains only sulphur and aluminium. One such alloy weighing 25 gm contains sulphur and aluminium in the ratio of 3 : 2 by weight. If 15 gm of sulphur is added then find what amount of aluminium has to be removed from the alloy such that the final alloy has sulphur and aluminium in the ratio of 7 : 2 by weight?
A) 2 gm
B) 1.4 gm
C) 3 gm
D) 3.8 gm
- A bank offers 5% compound interest calculated on half-yearly basis. A customer deposits Rs. 1600 each on 1st January and 1st July of a year. At the end of the year, the amount he would have gained by way of interest is: