For each of the words given below, a contextual usage is provided. From the alternatives given, pick the word that is the most inappropriate as a substitute in the given context and mark its number as your answer.
- Brusque: She asked for a cup of coffee and received a brusque reply: “We don’t have any.”
- Tenacious: Your grandfather can narrate stories about his childhood in excruciating detail because he has a tenacious memory.
- Dapper: They went to where they found the dapper warriors standing in the court in a great press of welcoming knights.
- Derision: The inept performance elicited derision from the audience.
- Bucolic: They are both in the study of my old farmhouse, in a room that has three nice sized windows, each with a lovely, bucolic view.
- Bicker :A pair of student leaders sit inches away from each other and bicker about the region Telangana becoming a separate state.
- Derelict : Today, all that remains of these Jewish holiday centers is a constellation of derelict buildings.
- Besmirch : Do honest men, believing in themselves, besmirch their own honor by deliberate lying?
- Debauch: So far as I could judge, he had entirely recovered from his debauch.
- Bigot :He was a bigot, but he understood, correctly, that reproductive issues are often global.