- Difference between circumference and diameter of a circle is 60 cm. What will be volume of cylinder, whose height is 14 cm more than that of radius of circle and radius of cylinder is 10 cm ?
height of cylinder =14+14=28 cm
volume of cylinder=πr^2h=22/7*10^2*28=8800 cm^3
- A bag contains 5 oranges, 4 apples and 6 mangoes. 4 fruits are drawn randomly, then find probability of getting all fruits are of mangoes.
required no. of outcome=6C4
total no. of outcome=15C4
- A man brought two articles for rs.1200. He sold one article at a profit of 20% and another article at a loss of 20%. If the selling price of both the articles is equal, then find the cost price of article which is sold at a loss of 20%.
total CP of two article=1200
CP of one article=x
CP of another article=1200-x
CP of article which is sold at a loss of 20%=1200-480=720
- The ratio of the present ages of A and B is 4:3. 4 years hence the age of A will be 20% more than the age of B 6 years hence. Find the difference of their present ages.
1015168no of theseOption D
let the present age of A and B be 4x and 3x respectively
A’s present age=32
B’s present age=24
- A,B and C alone can complete the work in 16:24:32 days respectively. All of them started working together but after 2 days A left the job and 7 days before the completion of the work B also left the job. In how many days the work is completed ?
LCM of 16,24 and 32=96
all work together for 2 days=13*2=26 work
C alone work for 7 days=7*3=21 work
remaining work done by B and C together=49/7=7 days
total time required=2+7+7=16 days
- A train crosses a bridge and a platform of length 650m and 800m in 20 sec and 30 sec respectively. Find the speed of the train(in km/hr).
300 km/hr280 km/hr200 km/hr180 km//hr240 km/hrOption D
let the length of train=x
speed of train=350+650/20=50 m/sec
speed of train (in km/hr)=50*18/5=180 km/hr
- A,B and C enter into a partnership by investing in the ratio of 3:4:5. After 1 year, B invests another 15000 and C at the end of 2 years also invest 10000. At the end of 3 years profit are shared in the ratio of 3:5:7.. Find initial investment of C.
let A,B and C invest be 3x, 4x and 5x respectively
A’s total investment=3x*3=9x
B’s total investment=(4x*1)+(4x+15000)*2=12x+30000
C’s total investment=(5x*2)+(5x+10000)*1=15x+10000
C’s initially invested=5*10000=50000
- Difference between SI and CI in certain amount of principal is rs.60. If the rate of interest is 20% in both cases, then find the SI after 3 years in same rate of interest.
SI after 3 years=1500*20/100*3=900
- In a vessel milk and water are in the ratio of 5:3. If 48 liter of mixture is taken out from the vessel and 30 liter of water is added, then new ratio of milk and water becomes 4:3. Find the initial quantity of mixture in vessel.
let the milk and water be 5x and 3x
total quantity of mixture=8x=8*46=368
- The income of A and B is in the ratio of 3:2 and their expenditure in the ratio of 4:3. If each of them save rs.4000, then find income of A ?
let the income of A and B be 3x and 2x respectively
income of A=2800*3=8400