Quantitative Aptitude Questions for IBPS RRB/PO/Clerk, SBI PO, NIACL, NICL, RBI Grade B/Assistant, BOI, Bank of Baroda and other competitive exams
- A boat takes 90 minutes less to travel 36 km downstream than to travel the same distance upstream. If the speed of the boat in still water is 10 km/h, the speed of the stream is:
- In an exam out of 1800 students, 65% boys and 80% girls are passed. If total pass percentage was 75% , how many girls appeared in the exam and how many girls failed?
A) 1350, 360
B) 1200, 240
C) 1000, 180
D) 1050, 280
- The average temperature for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday was 42 Deg c. The average for Thursday, Friday and Saturday was 43 Deg c. If temperature on Saturday was 44 Deg c, what was the temperature on Wednesday?
A) 47 Deg c
B) 43 Deg c
C) 45 Deg c
D) 41 Deg c
- Find the average of first 85 natural numbers.
- On a road three consecutive traffic lights change after 40, 48 and 56 seconds respectively. If the lights are first switched on at 10:00 AM sharp, at what time will they change simultaneously?
- Find the least number of five digits which when divided by 40, 60, and 75, leave remainders 31, 51 and 66 respectively.
- X takes 4 days to complete one-third of a job. Y takes 3 days to complete one-sixth of the job and Z takes 5 days to complete half the job. If all of them work together for 3 days and X and Z quit, how long will it take for Y to complete the remaining work done.
B) 5 1/10
C) 4 2/3
- An Employer pays Rs. 15 for each day a worker works, and forfeits Rs. 5 for each day he is idle. At the end of 40 days, a worker gets Rs. 160. For how many days did the worker remain idle?
- The ratio between the length and the breadth of a rectangular park is 4 : 1. If a man cycling along the boundary of the park at the speed of 15 km/hr completes one round in 10 minutes, then the length of the park (in sq. m) is:
- An error 3% in excess is made while measuring the side of a square. The percentage of error in the calculated area of the square is: