- Two trains ,one from Haldia to Pritampur, and the other from Pritampur to Haldia,starts simultaneously.After they meet,the trains reach their destinations after 9 hours and 16 hours respectively.What is the ratio of their speeds?
2:33:54:35:7None of theseOption C
Let trains be x and y.
(X speed):(Y speed) = square root of x:square root of y
- A auto covers a distance of 36 kms at a uniform speed.Had the speed been 6 kmps less,it woud have taken one hour more for the journey.What is the original speed of the auto?
15 kmps12 kmps10 kmps18 kmpsNone of theseOption D
36/(x-6) – 36/x =1
The speed cannot be in negative value.
Therefore,it is 18 kmps.
- Two autos of same lenght are running in same direction with speed 50 km/hr and 80 km/hr.The latter one completeely crosses a person in 18 seconds.What is the length of each auto?
50 m55 m60 m75 mNone of theseOption D
=80 -5 0=30 km/hr
Convert it in m/sec.
it will be 25/3 m/sec.
Then distance covered in 20 second=18 * (25/3)=150
Lenghth of each=150/2=75 m
- Ramesh started his jouney on scooter at 7:30 PM at speed of 8 km/hr.After 30 minutes,Lokesh started his journey from same place with speed of 10 km/hr.At what time did Lokesh overtake Ramesh?
9:30 AM10 AM9 AM8:30 AMNone of theseOption B
Relative speed=10 -8=2
Distance covered in 30 min=8*(30/60) = 4 km
Lokesh take time to overtake Ramesh= 4/2 = 2hour
- Rahul recahes a certain destination in 30 hours.If he reduces his speed by 1/10 th,he goes 9 km less in that time.Find his speed?
3 kmph4.5 kmph5 kmph6 kmphNone of theseOption A
Let x be the speed.
30x – (30 *9/10)x =9
- Akansha travels equal distamces with speeds 4kmph , 6 kmph and 8 kmph and takes a total time of 52 minutes.What is the distance Akansha travelled?
4 km4.8 km5 km5.5 km6 kmOption B
(x/4) + (x/6) + (x/8) =52/60
x= 1.6 km
Distnce=3*1.6 4.8 kms
- Without stopping ,the speed of train is 120 kmph.With stopping,the speed of train is 80 kmph.Then find the stop time of the train?
25 min20 min30 min35 minNone of theseOption B
=(120-80) /120 = 1/3
1/3 *60=20 min
- Two trains meet each other at 20 kmph and 24 kmh from two destinations 240 km far.Then after how many hours will they meet?
4.545.456.5None of theseOption C
20x+ 24x =240
- 2 trains travelling in same direction with 60 km/hr and 75 km/hr respectively.The faster train crosses a person sitting in slower train in 30 seconds.Then find the lenght of faster train?
100 m125 m130 m145 mNone of theseOption B
=15*5 / 18*30
- Tanya goes to college from her home at speed of 4 km/hr and returns at a speed of 6 km/hr.If in total she took 5 hours in going and coming back,what is the distnace between her home and college?
10 km12 km15 km20 kmNone of theseOption B
5 = D/4 + D/6