This set contains banking awareness questions for various upcoming exams like SBI PO, IBPS PO, Clerk and insurance exams. This set contains questions from the topic : Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC).
- A Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) is a company registered under the _________ .
A) Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934
B) Banking Regulation Act, 1949
C) Companies Act, 1956
D) Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007
- For a company to register as a NBFC it should have a minimum net owned fund of _____.
A) Rs 25 lakh
B) Rs 1 crores
C) Rs 2 crores
D) Rs 5 crores
- Any NBFC is is considered systemically important NBFC when its asset size is of Rs ____ or more.
A) Rs 100 Crore
B) Rs 500 Crore
C) Rs 250 Crore
D) Rs 750 Crore
- Which of the following is true about NBFC?
(i) NBFC cannot accept demand deposits
(ii) NBFCs cannot issue cheques drawn on itself
(iii) deposit insurance facility of DICGC is not available to depositors of NBFCs.
A) Only (i) and (ii)
B) Only (ii) and (iii)
C) Only (i) and (iii)
D) All are true
- NBFCs are required to accept public deposit for a minimum period of ___ months?
A) 6 months
B) 12 months
C) 18 months
D) 24 months
- NBFCs are required to accept public deposit for a maximum period of ___ months?
A) 36 months
B) 48 months
C) 60 months
D) 120 months
- What is the present ceiling limit of interest rate that NBFCs can offer ?
- Identify the false statement.
A) NBFC should register under Section 3 of the companies Act, 1956
B) Nomination facility is available to the depositors of NBFCs
C) The deposits with NBFCs are not insured.
D) The repayment of deposits by NBFCs is guaranteed by RBI.
- For working as a NBFC a company must get itself registers with _____ .
C) Finance Ministry
- Chit Fund companies are regulated under the Chit Fund Act, ____ .