Daily Current Affairs 11 July 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launches 75 newly-developed AI products and technologies
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the first-ever symposium and exhibition on Artificial Intelligence in Defence organised by Department of Defence Production in New Delhi. On the occasion Mr Singh said, many efforts are being taken by the Defence sector to promote Artificial Intelligence apps.
- 75 newly-developed AI products and technologies, having applications in defence were launched, as part of the celebrations marking 75 years of Independence Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav and to promote ‘Aatmanirbharta’ initiative in Defence.
- The products are in the domains of automation, unmanned, robotics systems, cyber security, human behaviour analysis, intelligent monitoring system, logistics and supply chain management, speech and voice analysis and Command, Control, Communication, Computer and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems and Operational Data Analytics.
Pariman: National Capital Region Planning Board’s geo-portal now accessible for public
For the purpose of effective utilization of remote sensing and GIS technology, a web geo-portal called Pariman has been developed by National Informatics Centre (NIC), initially for use by National Capital Region (NCR) participating states and the office of the National Capital Region Planning Board (NCRPB).
- The NCR is presently spread over 55,083 sqkm and has four participating states (24 districts and the entire NCT of Delhi) as its constituent area. This geo-portal will help to improve decentralized planning and management in the NCR region.
Jharkhand tops in delta ranking of Rurban Mission
Jharkhand has topped in the delta ranking of Syama Prasad Mookerjee Rurban Mission with composite score of 76.19 in the month of June.
- With this, the state has improved its position to eighth place in overall ranking of the mission, it said.
- Puducherry with a delta score of 0.83, Assam with a delta score of 0.75 and Odisha with 0.71 are placed in second, third and fourth position respectively in the delta ranking for June.
Mumbai’s CSMT becomes first station to have augmented reality experience
The Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus in Mumbai has become the first railway station in India to be equipped with augmented reality screens. The futuristic technology will allow passengers at the station to get real-time digitised time table with a dedicated scrolling screen and railway information for an engaging experience.
- The passengers will also be able to meet animals, witness magic tricks and snowfall, and visit any place in the world virtually. The project at Mumbai’s busiest railway station aims to generate revenue for Central Railway and offer passengers fun and infotainment during wait periods.
India will surpass China as the most populous country on earth in 2023: UN
The UN in a report has said that India will surpass China as the most populous country on earth in 2023. The United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Population Division, said that the global population is projected to reach eight billion on November 15, 2022.
- The UN said, world’s population is growing at its slowest pace since 1950. It should hit 8.5 billion in 2030 and 9.7 billion in 2050, peaking at around 10.4 billion people in the 2080s.
AIIB to establish an Interim Operational Hub in Abu Dhabi
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), in which India is the second-largest shareholder after China, has approved the establishment of an Interim Operational Hub, its first overseas office in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- The hub will provide AIIB with a robust platform to enable effective supervision of its growing investment portfolio, strengthen its project monitoring and implementation services across the globe.
BANKING & FINANCE
SBI, KDEM partner to offer collateral-free loans to startups
The State Bank of India (SBI) and the Karnataka Digital Economy Mission (KDEM) have partnered to support the state’s budding startups with collateral-free loans.
- In a bid to help the startups in need of seed-level financial assistance, the SBI and the KDEM on Friday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to leverage the existing Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Micro and Small Enterprises (CGTMSE), set up by the Centre to improve the credit flow to the MSE sector.
Novak Djokovic wins his 7th Wimbledon title
Novak Djokovic won a seventh Wimbledon title and 21st Grand Slam crown with a four-set triumph over Nick Kyrgios, whose challenge angrily unravelled after a blistering start.
Alvaro Lario named as new President of IFAD
The International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) appointed its top finance executive, Alvaro Lario, to be its next president, choosing a champion of private sector investments to lead the UN agency into battle against a global food security crisis triggered by war in Ukraine, climate change and the economic shock of COVID-19.
Former Angolan president Jose Eduardo dos Santos passes away
Angola’s former president Jose Eduardo dos Santos, who ruled Africa’s second-biggest oil producer for nearly four decades, has passed away aged 79.
- Jose Eduardo dos Santos ruled Angola for 38 years.