Daily Current Affairs 2 February 2024 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Prime Minister Sh. Narendra Modi addresses Bharat Mobility Global Expo 2024
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi addressed a program at India’s largest and first-of-its-kind mobility exhibition – Bharat Mobility Global Expo 2024 at Bharat Mandapam, New Delhi.
- Bharat Mobility Global Expo 2024 showcases India’s capabilities across mobility and automotive value chains and will feature exhibitions, conferences, buyer-seller meets, state sessions, road safety pavilion, and public-centric attractions like go-karting.
- For the first time mobility and its allied sectors, even startups associated with it, have come together on one stage that has the ability to become an annual feature in the coming years.
GAFX 2024: Karnataka announces digital detox initiative from gaming, social media
The Government of Karnataka, in collaboration with the All India Game Developers Forum (AIGDF) will launch a digital detox initiative, with special emphasis on gaming and social media.
- It aims to spread awareness about the side effects of spending too much time in the digital world and create an environment of responsible gaming instead.
- Digital detox centers will be set up across the state of Karnataka both online and offline.
- Centers will provide personalized guidance, where trained professionals can turn to individuals wishing to further their relationship with technology. They will provide consultation and assistance.
PM GatiShakti Summit: ‘Towards Logistics Efficiency and Integrated Infrastructure Planning’ organized by FICCI and DPIIT
The ‘PM GatiShakti Summit: Towards Logistics Efficiency and Integrated Infrastructure Planning’, organized by the Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry (FICCI), in collaboration with the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) took place in New Delhi.
- The PM GatiShakti program was lauded for its contribution to integrated planning, next-generation infrastructure, and people-centric development, showcasing use cases in sectors like telecom, petroleum, and renewable energy.
- The program aids in reducing last and first mile gaps, minimizing disruption to natural resources, avoiding infrastructure duplication, and promoting capacity sharing. Investment opportunities in robotics, logistics, warehousing, waste reduction, and packaging were highlighted.
Government to focus on vaccination against cervical cancer
Aiming for Viksit Bharat by 2047 and with a sharp focus and providing momentum to Nari Shakti, Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs, Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman proposed vaccination to prevent Cervical Cancer and amalgamation of various schemes for maternal and child care, as she presented the Interim Budget 2024-25 in Parliament.
- The vaccination programme will be for girls in the age group of 9 to 14 years for prevention of cervical cancer. The Government will encourage this vaccination among the eligible categories.
Surat Airport attains International Airport status
Surat Airport, situated in Gujarat, has officially received recognition as an International Airport from the Indian government, a significant development overseen by the Ministry of Civil Aviation and the Union Cabinet, led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- This strategic decision underscores Surat’s increasing economic potential and aims to enhance global connectivity, aligning with the city’s status as a thriving hub for the diamond and textile industries. By elevating Surat Airport to international status, the government aims to boost economic growth, attract foreign investment, and strengthen diplomatic ties with other nations.
Mera Yuva Bharat (MY Bharat) Portal surpasses 1.45 Crore Youth registrations in three months
The Mera Yuva Bharat (MY Bharat) portal has reached a historic milestone with over 1.45 crore registrations as on 31.01.2024.
- This has been possible due to the user friendly interface that allows registration to be completed within a few minutes. The portal is already having an impact on mobilizing the nation’s youth towards constructive and transformative endeavors.
- The MY Bharat portal is envisioned as a pivotal, technology-driven facilitator for youth development and youth-led development, with the overarching goal of providing equitable opportunities to empower the youth in realizing their aspirations and contributing to the creation of a “Viksit Bharat” (developed India).
Indian Navy declares 2024 as ‘Year Of Naval Civilians’
The Indian Navy has declared 2024 as the ‘Year of Naval Civilians’ to improve administration, efficiency and well-being of Naval Civilians by addressing all facets of Civilian HR Management in a time bound manner.
- This groundbreaking initiative targets comprehensive Civilian HR Management, with a sharp focus on enhancing administrative efficiency, embracing digital transformation, implementing targeted training programs, and fostering employee welfare activities.
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI’s digital payments index jumps to 418.77 in Sept from 395.57 in Mar
The Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) Digital Payments Index, a measure of the extent of digitisation of payments across the country, increased to 418.77 in September 2023 from 395.57 in March 2023.
- The RBI-DPI index has increased across all parameters and was driven particularly by growth in payment enablers, payment performance, and consumer centricity across the country over the period.
- The RBI-DPI has been constructed with March 2018 as the base period, that is, the DPI score for March 2018 is set at 100. In September 2019, the index stood at 173.49, which rose to 217.74 in September 2020, and to 304.06 in September 2021.
AU Small Finance Bank appoints HR Khan as Non-Executive Chairman
Private sector lender AU Small Finance Bank informed exchanges that it has appointed Harun Rashid Khan, former deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), as non-executive chairman following approval from the shareholders.
- The lender added that Khan’s tenure will begin from the date of taking charge, January 30, 2024, after approval from the Board of Directors and from the RBI and shareholders of the bank.
Asian Cricket Council reappoints Jay Shah as president for a third term
Indian Cricket Board (BCCI) secretary Jay Shah was appointed as the president of the Asian Cricket Council for a third consecutive term.
- Shah’s extension was proposed by the Sri Lanka Cricket president Shammi Silva for the second time and the nomination was unanimously backed by all the members of the ACC at its annual general meeting in Bali.