Data Interpretation Questions with Solutions
Directions (1 – 5): Study the following charts carefully and answer the questions that follow:
The table shows the % of defective items detected out of total items sold.
- What is the approximate percent decrease in number of defective products in years 2014 as compared to previous year?
- What is the total number of non-defective products in years 2012 and 2014 together?
- What is the ratio of defective products sold in year 2011 to non-defective products sold in year 2015?
A) 20 : 441
B) 13 : 758
C) 25 : 644
D) 78 : 239
E) 23 : 783
- In 2013, selling price of each product is Rs.350. If a penalty of Rs.20 each for first 1000 defective products, Rs.40 each for next 1000 defective products, Rs.60 each for next 1000 defective products, and so on is charged, how much is the total penalty which is to be given by company in 2013?
- What is the difference in non-defective products sold in year 2011 and defective products sold in year 2015?
E) None of these
Directions (6 – 10): Study the following table carefully and answer the questions that follow:
The table shows the dimensions, cost of fencing and cost flooring different fields which are different in shape.
- Find the cost of flooring triangular field.
A) Rs 5200
B) Rs 4900
C) Rs 5000
D) Rs 4800
E) Rs 5300
- What is the difference between the cost of fencing of rectangular and square fields?
A) Rs 180
B) Rs 160
C) Rs 200
D) Rs 150
E) Rs 220
- Find the ratio of cost of flooring to that of fencing of parallelogram field?
A) 5 : 1
B) 7 : 1
C) 8 : 1
D) 9 : 1
E) 10 : 1
- The cost of fencing of circular field is approximately what per cent of the cost of flooring of square field?
- The cost of fencing of square field is what per cent of the cost of fencing of parallelogram field?