- Number of ways of drawing 3 flowers from a basket containing 5 pink and 7 yellow flowers if at least one pink flower is to be included in the draw.
Total no. of ways of drawing 3 flowers
No. of ways of drawing 3 flowers if no pink ball is drawn
Hence req. no. of ways = 220-35=185
- There are 5 MEN and 3 WOMEN in a family. They are photographed in groups of 2 MEN and one WOMEN.
No. of different photographs = 5C2 * 3C1
- In majority voting between three parties A, B and C. A got 30%, B got 48% vote and C got rest of the votes polled. If B got 720 more votes than A then find how many votes were polled?
The difference in the percentage of votes received by A and B= 48-30= 18%
Total number of votes polled= 720*100/18= 4000
- In Parliament election between two Parties A and B, 10% of the votes were invalid. The ratio of votes received by A and B is 7:5. If the number of votes polled in favor of A was 630, then find the number of votes polled?
Total number of votes received by A and B= 630*12/7= 1080
Total number of votes polled= 1080*100/90= 1200 votes.
- Persons X, Y, Z jogging around a circular field and complete a single round in 18, 22, 30 seconds respectively. In how much time they will meet again at the starting point?
16minutes 30 seconds6minutes 30 seconds16minutes 10 seconds16minutes 20 seconds5minutes 30 secondsOption A
Required time = LCM of 18, 22, 30
= 990 seconds
=990/60 minutes=16minutes 30 seconds
- The respective ratio between present age of Kalim’s Aunty, Uncle and cousin is 16:18:3. Sum of ages of aunty and uncle is 68. Difference between the age of cousin after 6 yrs and aunty’s age before 18 yrs.
Ratio of present age = 16:18:3
Sum of ages 16x+18x=34x=68
Therefore we can find uncles’s age=36, aunty’s age=32 and cousin’s age=6.
cousin’s age after 6 yrs= 12 yrs
aunty’s age before 18 yrs=14 yrs
- Present age of Arun and Anil are in the ratio 4:5. Five years hence ratio of their ages will be 5:6. Arun’s present age is.
4x+5/5x+5 = 5/6
24x+30 = 25x+25
X= 30-25=5 years
Arun’s present age is 20 years.
- In how many different ways can the letters of the word MONICOT can be arranged so that vowels occupy odd positions?
Required no. of ways =4P3* 4p4
= 576 ways
- In how many different ways can the letters of the word HEADING can be arranged so that vowels always come together?
HEADING = 7 letter
3vowels (EAI) supposed to form one letter
Now remaining letter arranged in 5!
Vowels arranged in 3!
Therefore 5!*3! = 720 ways
- The ratio of men and women in a office is 3: 5. If 10% of men and 15% of women speak Tamil, the difference between men and women who did not speak Tamil is 155, find the total number of employee in the office.
Men: Women = 3: 5
Unspeak Tamil = 3 * 90/100 : 5 * 85/100
= 2.7 : 4.25
Total = 155/1.55 * 8 = 800