Quantitative Aptitude Questions IBPS RRB PO Clerk, SBI PO, IBPS PO, NIACL, NICL, RBI Grade B, BOI, Bank of Baroda and other competitive exams
- Shravan and Ronny decided to go on a holiday to B on a particular day from A. Shravan leaves for B at 10 :00 am , at speed of 72km/hr. Ronny leaves for B at 10:30 am same day as Shravan left. At what speed should Ronny travel to catch up with Shravan in 4 hours?[in kmph]
- A started a business.After 4 months from the start of the business ,B and C joined. The respective ratio between the amounts invested by A, B and C was 6:11:12 . If the C’s share in annual profit was Rs. 720 more than A’s share ,what was the total annual profit earned ?
A) Rs. 7580
B) Rs. 7680
C) Rs. 7860
D) Rs. 8680
E) Rs. 8210
- In a school the number of boys and that of the girls are in the respective ratio of 2:3 . If the number of boys is increased by 20% and that of girls is increased by 10% ,what will be the new ratio of number of boys to that of the girls ?
- The area of a square is 1024 sq.cm . What is the respective ratio between the length and the breadth of a rectangle whose length is twice the side of the square and breadth is 12 cm less than the side of the square ?
- In a container there are 25 eggs out of which 5 eggs are rotten . If two eggs are chosen at random, what will be the probability that at least one egg is rotten ? A) 10/30
- Equal amounts of water were poured into three empty jars of different capacities, which made one jar 1/6 full, second jar 1/5 full and the third one 1/13 full. If the water in the jar with highest capacity is then poured into the jar with least capacity jar and then both are poured into the third (second least) capacity jar then the part of that jar filled with water is?
- 8 litre are drawn from a cask of full wine and is then filled with water. This operation is performed three more times. The ratio of the quantity of wine now left in cask to that of the water is 16:65.how much wine di the cask hold originally?
- A cricketer whose balling average is 24.85 run per wicket takes 5 wicket for 52 and thereby decrease his average by 0.85.the number of wickets taken by him before the last match was?
- 60 kg of a certain variety of rice at rs.32 per kg is mixed with 48 kg of another variety of rice and the mixture is sold at the average price of rs.28 per kg. If there is no profit or loss due to the new sale price,the price of secondary variety of rice per kg is?
- There are two alloys A and B. Alloy A contains zinc, copper and silver, as 60% 25% and 15% respectively, whereas alloy B also contains the same metals with percentages 60%, 15%, 25% respectively. If these two alloys are mixed such that the resultant will contain 18% silver, what is the ratio of these three metals in the resultant alloy?
E) 23 : 45 : 11