- The number of students in 3 classes are in the ratio 4:5:6. If 15 students are increased in each class this ratio changes to 11:13:15. The total number of students in the three classes in the beginning was
- A, B and C have 40, x and y balls with them respectively. If B gives 20 balls to A, he is left with half as many balls as C. If together they had 60 more balls, each of them would have had 100 balls on an average. What is the ratio of x to y?
A) 4 : 3
B) 3 : 2
C) 2 : 3
D) 2 : 5
- The incomes of A, B, C are in the ratio of 12 : 9 : 7 and their spending are in the ratio 15 : 9 : 8. If A saves 25% of his income. What is the ratio of the savings of A, B and C respectively?
C) 15: 18:11
- A Student obtained equal marks in Maths and Science. The ratio of marks in Science and Social is 2:3 and the ratio of marks in Maths and English is 1 : 2. If he has scored an aggregate of 55% marks. The maximum marks in each subject is same. In how many subjects did he score greater than 50% marks?
- In a class, the number of girls is 30% more than that of the boys. The strength of the class is 92. If 8 more girls are admitted to the class, the ratio of the number of boys to that of the girls is
- Rs 3440 is divided, among A, B, C and D such that B’s share is 6/11th of A’s; C’s share is 1/4th of B’s and D has 2/5th as much as B and C together. Find A’s share
- When 20 is added to the numerator and denominator, then the new ratio of numerator to denominator becomes 7:8. What is the original ratio?
D) Can’t be determined
- The value of the diamond is in proportion to the square of its weight A diamond was broken into 3 parts in the ratio of 3: 4: 5, thus a loss of Rs.9.4 lakh is incurred. What is the actual value of diamond (in lakhs)?
- The ratio of the monthly salaries of P and Q is in the ratio 10 : 13 and that of Q and R is in the ratio 13 : 14. Find the monthly income (in Rupees) of R if the total of their monthly salary is Rs 1,85,000.
- Two candles of the same height are lighted at the same time. The first is consumed in 8 hrs and second in 4 hrs. Assuming that each candle burns at a constant rate. In how many hour after being lighted, the rate between the first and second candles become 3 : 1?
A) 2hrs 45min
B) 3hrs 12min
C) 3hrs 20min
D) 2hrs 25min