Directions (1-3): Seven friends A,B,C,D,L,M and Z are going to a new year party in Goa.Since it is late at night,they have taken only 3 bikes-an enfield, a honda, and a TVS- with atleast 2 of them sitting on each bike(hence there is triple riding on atleast 1 bike). There is exactly one male on each bike. Amongst the group there are two executives,two designers and three psychologists.
a) C is a lady designer and she does not travel with the pair of sisters,A and M.
b) B,a male executive,travels with only Z,a psychologist on an enfield bike.
c) D is a male designer.
d) Two persons belonging to the same profession do not travel on the same bike.
e) A is not an executive and travels on the honda.
- What is M’s profession?
ExecutivePsychologistDesignercan’t be determineddata inadequateOption A
- On which bike does C travel?
EnfieldHondaTVSEither honda or TVSnoneOption C
- Which of the following represents the three psychologists?
ZLMZLAZLM OR ZLAcant be determinednone of theseOption B
Directions (4-7): In the following questions there is a statement followed by two conclusions.You have to choose:
a)only conclusion 1 follows
b)only conclusion 2 follows
c)If conclusion 1 and 2 both follow
d)if neither 1 nor 2 follows
- STATEMENT: India won the second test match against pakistan by one innings and two hundred and three runs.The greatest contribution was from the bowlers.
1)Most of the Indian players are bowlers.
2)It was India’s biggest win against Pakistan.abcdeOption D
Explanation: Both conclusions are invalid.
- STATEMENT: A degree in law is one of the most wanted degrees by youth in India.
1)A degree in law guarantees a good profession.
2)A degree in law is the first choice for youth in India.abcdeOption D
Explanation: The first is not necessarily true.Similarly,we cannot comment definitely about first choice of youth.Therefore,both not follows.
- STATEMENT:Due to the onset of monsoon there is a sharp hike in the price of alphonso mangoes.
1)Alphonso mangoes are in demand at any price.
2)The onset of monsoons affects the market for alphonso mangoes.abcdeOption B
Explanation: Conclusion 1 is irrelevant to the argument while conclusion 2 follows.
- STATEMENT:If the temperature remains constant the wind speeds will be below 100 kmph.Wind speeds were above 100 kmph.
1)Temperature was not constant.
2)Temperature was fluctuating.abcdeOption C
Directions (8-10): DIRECTIONS:
a)only assumption 1 is implicit
b)only assumption 2 is implicit
c)if both 1 and 2 are implicit
d)if neither 1 nor 2 is implicit
- STATEMENT: UPSC is tougher than MPPSC. So I will appear in MPPSC.
1)Every graduate should appear in MPPSC.
2)One should avoid tougher things because one might fail in them and failure might lead to a loss of time.On the other hand if something is easy the chances of succeeding are high.abcdeOption B
Explanation: Only 2 is relevant as it justifies the argument in the statement of going for easier things rather than tougher things.
- STATEMENT:Children whose mothers eat more Frito Lays during pregnancy have higher motor skills and more athletic capability than those whose mothers eat little,according to a new British Study.
1)Those whose mothers dont eat frito lays have zero motor skills and athletic capability.
2)It is essential for pregnant women to have frito lays in order to have children with higher motor skills and more athletic capability.abcdeOption B
Explanation: We cannot assume that those children whose mothers do not eat frito lays have zero motor skills and athletic capability.Hence,1 is invalid.
- STATEMENT:Use Brylcream to look handsome.
1)People want to look handsome.
2)Only ugly people will purchase this product.abcdeOption A
Explanation: This assertion assumes that people would want to look handsome,but second assumption is not necessary.