- Poles are to be fixed along the boundary of a rectangular field in such a way that distance between any two adjacent poles is 2 m.The perimeter of the field is 70m and length and the breadth of the field are in the ratio 4:3 resp. How many poles will be required?
- The circumference of a circular garden is 1320m.Find the area. Outside the garden , a road of 2m width runs around it .What is the area of this road and calculate the cost of gravelling it at the rate of 50 paise per sq. m .
A) 2500.15 m2, Rs.1500.15
B) 2652.57 m2, Rs.1326.285
C) 2541.14 m2, Rs.1600.47
D) 3245.78 m2,Rs.2000
E) 4157.12 m2,Rs.1452.11
- A square shape of park of area 23,104 sq. m is to be enclosed with wire placed at heights 1,2,3,4 m above the ground . Find required length of the wire ,,if its length required for each circuit is 10% greater than the perimeter of the field ?
- Area of a hexagon is 54√3 cm^2. What is its side ?
- Smallest side of a right angled triangle is 8 cm less than the side of a square of perimeter 64cm . Second largest side of the right angled triangle is 4 cm less than the length of rectangle of area 112 sq. cm and breadth 8 cm .What is the largest side of the right angled triangle?
- If the radius of the circular field is equal to the side of a square field .If the difference between the area of the circular field and area of the square field is 5145 sq. m ,then calculate the perimeter of the circular field?
- A rectangular plot has a concrete path running in the middle of the plot parallel to the parallel to the breadth of the plot. The rest of the plot is used as a lawn ,which has an area of 240sq. m. If the width of the path is 3m and the length of the plot is greater than its breadth by 2m ,what is the area of the rectangular plot(in m )?
- A solid spherical ball of radius r is converted into a solid circular cylinder of radius R. If the height of the cylinder is twice the radius of the sphere ,then find the relation between these two with respect to radius.
A) R = r√(3/4)
B) R = r√(3/2)
C) R = r√(1/2)
D) R = r√(2/3)
E) R = r√(1/3)
- A rectangular tank of length 37 (1/3) m internally , 12 m in breadth and 8 m in depth is full of water .Find the weight of water in metric tons, given that one cubic metre of water weighs 1000kg.
A) 3584 metric tons
B) 4500 metric tons
C) 4101 metric tons
D) 3870 metric tons
E) 5721 metric tons
- An equilateral triangle and a regular hexagon have equal perimeters. The ratio of the area of the triangle and that of the hexagon is :