- Akansha, Banya, Caryl hired a taxi for Rs.1040 and used it for 7,8 and 11 hours respectively. Hire charges paid by Banya was which of the following?
Rs 320Rs 300Rs 450Rs 440Rs 475Option A
Hire charges paid by Banya = Rs. 1040 x 8/26= Rs.320
- 3 partners Priyanka, Queen, Rashi start a business. Twice Priyanka’s capital is equal to thrice Queen’s capital and Queen’s capital is four times Rashi’s capital. Out of a total profit of Rs.16,500 at the end of the year, Queen’ share is which of the following?
Rs 5000Rs 5500Rs 6000Rs 6500None of theseOption C
Ratio of Priyanka : Queen : Rashi = 6a : 4a : a = 6 : 4 : 1.
So, Queen’s capital = Rs. 16500 x 4/11 = Rs. 6000
- Akansha, Brijesh and Arjun started a business. They invested Rs.80,000, Rs. 160,000 and Rs. 2,40,000 respectively. At end of the first year, Brijesh withdraws Rs. 80,000, while at the end of second year, Arjun withdraws Rs.160,000. In what ratio will the profit be shared at the end of 3 years?
3:7:55:4:83:4:7Cannot be determinedNone of theseOption C
Akansha : Brijesh : Arjun = (80000 x 36) : (160000 x 12 + 80000 x 24) :(240000 x 24 + 80000 x 12) =144 : 192 : 336
- Srikant started a business investing Rs. 50,000 in 2000, In 2001,he invested an additional amount of Rs.20,000 and Rakesh joined him with an amount of Rs.70,000. In 2002, Srikant invested another additional amount of Rs.20,000 and Jay joined them with an amount of Rs.70,000. What will be Rakesh’s share in the profit of Rs.300,000 earned at the end of 3 years from the start of the business in 2000?
Rs 150000Rs 300000Rs 250000Rs 100000None of theseOption D
Srikant : Rakesh : Jay= (50000 x 12 + 70000 x 12 + 90000 x 12) : (70000 x 24) : (70000 x 12)
- Akash starts business with Rs.7000 and after 5 months, Brijesh joins with Akash as his partner. After 1 year, the profit is divided in the ratio 2 : 3. What is Brijesh’s contribution in capital?
Rs 18000Rs 15000Rs 14000Rs 13000Rs 10000Option A
Let Brijesh’s capital be Rs.Y.
=(7000 x 12) / 7x = 2/3
14y= 252000 = 18000
- P , Q and R hire a car Rs.250 and used it for 4,3 and 2 hours respectively. Hiring charge paid by R is which of the following?
Rs 55.55Rs 55.25Rs 51.25Rs 56.75None of theseOption A
- In a business, X and Y invested amounts in the ratio 2:3 whereas the ratio between amount invested by A and B was 4:2. If Rs 2,20,500 was their profit.How much amount did Y receive ?
Rs 110250Rs 225400Rs 115400Rs 117450None of theseOption A
X : Y= 4 : 2=Y: X = 2 : 4
X : Y = 2 : 3= 4 : 6
X: B : Y =4 : 2 : 6
Y’s share = (6/12)×2,20,500 = Rs 1,10,250
- Krishnam and Yogesh partners in a business . Krishnam contributes 1/4th of the capital for 15 months and Yogesh received 2/3rd of the profit.Then how long Yogesh invest the money in the business ?
11 months10 months8 months6 months4 monthsOption B
Let profit be x,
Yogesh profit = 2x/3
Krishnam profit = x – (2x/3) = x/3
Krishnam : Yogesh = 1 : 2
- Priyal and Anju started a partnership business investing some amount in the ratio of 3:5. Riya joined them after six months with an amount equal to that of Anju. In what proportion should the profit at the end of one year be distributed among Priyal, Anju and Riya?
6:10:55:8:615:13:117:9:11None of theseOption A
- Anju and Queen invested Rs.16000 and Rs.12,000 in the business.At the end of 6 months Rashi joins them with an amount Rs.20,000.In what ratio annual profit is divided among them ?
8:6:57:5:108:9:210:11:15None of theseOption A