- Rashi is as much younger than Shivani as he is older than Simran. If the sum of the ages of Shivani and Simran is 60 years, what is the difference between Shivani and Rashi’s age?
10 years12 years15 years14 yearsCannot be determinedOption E
Shivani’s age – Rashis age = Rashi’s age – Simran’s age
Simran’s age + Shivani’s age = 2 Rashi’s age
Shivani’s age + Simran’s age = 60
Rashi’s age = 30;
Therefore,We can not find the difference between Shivani and Rashi’s age
- Abhishek got married 6 years ago. His present age is 5/4 times his age at the time of his marriage. Abhishek’s brother was 5 years younger to him at the time of his marriage. What is the present age of Abhishek’s brother?
15 years25 years20 yearsCannot be determinedNone of theseOption B
Present age of Abhishek = p ;
Present age of Abhishek’s sister = q ;
p = (p-6)(5/4)
p = 30
Present age of Abhishek’s brother = 30 – 5 = 25 years
- Simran age is 125% of what it was ten years ago, but 250/3% of what it will be after ten years. What is the present age of Simran?
45 years40 years50 years55 yearsNone of theseOption C
Simran’s age before 10 years = p
125p/100 = p+ 10
125p = 100p + 1000 = p = 40
Present age = p + 10 = 50 years
- Mr. Shivam has three daughters namely Rinki, Akansha and Kavya. Rinki is the eldest daughter of Mr. Shivam while Kavya is the youngest one. The present ages of all three of them are square numbers. The sum of their ages after 5 years is 44. What is the age of Rinki after two years?
9 years12 years18 years10 yearsNone of theseOption C
Square numbers =p,q,r
(p + 5) + (q + 5)+ (r + 5) = 44 years
p + q + q = 44 – 15 = 29 years
Possible values of p,q,r= 4, 9, 16 [Out of 1, 4, 9, 16, 25]Rinki’s present age = 16;
after two years = 18 years
- Fifteen years ago, Rinki’s mother was thrice of Rinki’s age and two years ago Rinki’s mother was twice of Rinki’s age. What is the present age of Rinki’s Mother ?
54 years52 years55 years50 yearsNone of theseOption A
- Three years ago, Priyal was thrice as old as his sister Rinki. After three years Priyal will be twice as old as Rinki. What is the present age of Rinki?
5 years9 years10 years11 yearsNone of theseOption B
- The average age of all the members of Mr. Ramesh s family is 25 yeara. The average age of males is 30 years while the average age of females is 20 years. If the number of females in the family is 10, then find out number of males?
Let the number of males = p
Total family members = 10 + p
25(10 + p) = 30p + 10*20
=250 + 25q = 30p + 200
= 5q = 50
p = 10
- The average score of Virat Kohli after 48 innings is 49 and in 49th innings Virat Kohli scored 98 runs. In the 50th innings the minimum number of runs required to increase his average score by 2 than it was before 50th innings?
- Jaya’ present age is 2/7th of his father’s present age. Jaya’ brother is three year older to Jaya. The respective ratio between present ages of Jaya’ father and Jaya’ brother is 14:5. What is the present age of Jaya?
10 years12 years15 years20 yearsNone of theseOption B
Jaya’ father present age = x
Jaya’ age = 2/7 x
Jaya’ brother age = 2/7 x + 3
x/(2/7x + 3) = 14/5
x = 42
Jaya’ age = 2/7 x = 2/7 * 42 = 12 years
- At present, the respective ratio between the ages of Akansha and Banya is 3:4 and that between Akansha and Caryl is 1:2. Six years hence, the sum of Akansha, Banya and Caryl will be 96 years. what is the present age of Akansha?
18 years15 years10 years25 yearsNone of theseOption A
The ratio between Akansha, Banya and Caryl is = 3:4:6
The sum of present age of Akansha,Banya and Caryl = 96 – 18 = 78
13 x = 78
x = 6
Present age of Akansha = 3x = 18 years