- A scooter and a bike were sold for rs. 9100 each. The scooter was sold at a loss of 30% and the bike at a gain of 30%. The entire transactions has resulted in how much amount loss?
Total SP on scooter and bike =9100+9100
According to question,
Total SP on both =9100/70*100+
The result in whole transaction is = 20,000-18,200=1800 loss.
- The selling price of a book decreased by〖33〗_3^1 but the revenue generated by the sale of DVDs remained same. What is the percentage increase in the number of DVDs sold ?
Let the old SP and revised SP =3x and 2x
Price * no. items =Revenue
ATQ, revenue in both case is equal
Then , Ratio of no. of times = 2.3
revenue = 3x*2 =2x*3
increased in no. of times =1/2*100 =50%
- The cost price 20 articles is the same as the selling price of x articles . If the profit is 25%, then the value of x is,
14 articles16 articles17 articles18 articles19 articlesOption B
CP of 20 articles = SP of x articles
- A loss of 19% is converted to profit of 17%, when the selling price of articles is increased by rs. 360. Find the cost price of article.
Let CP of articel = 100
Difference in % increased in profit and loss =+17-(-19) = 17+19 =36%
- A person earns a profit of 20% by selling the pen after allowing a discount of 15% . If marked price of the pen is 600. Then find the cost price of the pen.
CP= 600*85/100*100/120=rs 425
- A man buys a rice packet for rs.3600. He sells 1/3rd at a loss of 20% and 2/5th at a loss of 25%. At what price must he sell the remaining rice so as make an overall profit of 10%?
1400120018002000none of theseOption B
Total CP= rs.3600
ATQ, in 1st case CP=1/3rd of 3600=1200
in 2nd case CP=2/5th 3600=1440
total SP in both cases=1800+960=2760
- A shopkeeper marked MRP of a product after giving 10% discount, he earns 20% profit. What will be his profit or loss percent if he allows a discount of 15%?
40/325/320/310/3none of theseOption A
Let MP be rs.100x
- Sriman sold a table for rs.950. If he had sold it for rs.50 more, the selling price would be 25% more than cost price, what is the profit percent when article is sold for rs.200 more than original selling price?
- A book vendor sold a book at a loss of 10%. Had he sold it for rs.108 more, he would have earned a profit of 10%. Find the CP of book.
540630600580none of theseOption A
Let CP of book=100x
when,profit 10%, SP=110x
difference in SP=110x-90x=20x
- One trader calculates the percentage of profit of a ticket on the buying price and another calculates on the selling price. When their selling price are the same, then difference of their actual profit is rs.80 and both claim to have made 20%profit. What is the selling price of each.
Let CP of ticket in both cases=100x
in 1st case CP=100x
when profit 20% on CP, profit=20x
in 2nd case, CP=100x
when profit 20% on SP, profit=24x
difference of profit in both cases,4x=80
SP of ticket=80/4x*120x=2400