Profit and Loss Questions for for IBPS PO, IBPS RRB, NICL, UIICl, OICL, RBI Grade B/Assisatant, Bank of Baroda and other competitive exams.
- A dealer offers a discount of 20% and still makes a profit of 20% and he further allows 4 articles free on the sale of 12 articles. Find the ratio of cost price to market price.
- A and B are dealers of a bike company. The price of a bike is Rs.28,000. A gives a discount of 10% on whole , while B gives a discount of 12% on the first Rs.20,000 and 8% on the rest Rs.8000. What is the difference between their selling price?
- Sonata sells a wrist watch to a wholeseller making a profit of 10%. The wholesaler sells it to the retailer making a profit of 10%. A customer purchases it by paying Rs.990. Thus the profit of retailer is 2(3/11)% what is the cost incurred by the Sonata to produce it?
- Fanta and Coke, there are two companies, selling the packs of cold-drinks. For the same selling price Fanta gives two successive discounts of 10% and 25%. While Coke sells it by giving two successive discounts of 15% and 20%. What is the ratio of their marked price?
- Profit on selling 10 candles equals selling price of 3 bulbs. While loss on selling 10 bulbs equals selling price of 4 candles. Also profit percentage equals to the loss percentage and cost of a candle is half of the cost of a bulb. What is the ratio of selling price of candle to the selling price of a bulb?
- A person wants to reduce the trade tax so he calculates his profit on the sale price instead of on the cost price. In this way by selling a article for Rs. 280 he calculates his profit as 14(2/7)%. What is his actual profit percentage ?
- A person sold an electronic watch at Rs. 96 in such a way that his percentage profit is same as the cost price of the watch . If he sells it at twice the percentage profit of its previous percentage then find the new selling price.
- A bookseller procures 40 books for Rs. 3200 and sells them at a profit equal to the selling price of 8 books. What is the selling price of one dozen books, if the price of each book is same?
- A firm of readymade garments makes both men’sand women’s shirts. Its average profit is 6% of the sales. Its profit in men’s shirts average 8% of the sales and women’s shirts comprise 60% of the output. What is the average profit per sales rupee in women’s shirts.
- Of the two varieties of rice available, variety A is bought at Rs.32 per kg and variety B at Rs.80 per kg. Two varieties of rice are mixed together in the respective ratio of 8:5 and the mixture is sold at Rs.72 per kg. What per cent of profit approximately the seller receives ?
38 Thoughts to “Quantitative Aptitude: Profit and Loss Set 8”
coke successive discount is not given in Q4 .
14(2/7)%. Iska kya aayega
see here bro…:)
now 7 =280
=> 6 =240
now new profit% =40/240*100 =16.667%
bhai good evening:))
ji sirrr…most welcome …gud evng jiii…:)))
hw r u??
sbi ka date kab hai
16 ko pta chalegi individual dates bhai wase sept 4 se phase 3 shuru h..:))
rrb v fill kiya hai kya??
yesss wo b kr dia h …:)))
kaha sa fill kiya hai??
ibps to jaan la liya :((
yesss sirjee dehka mene ….kya kr skte no choice other than to adjust…:((
up se sirjeee dono mee whi se krta huu…:))
thnxx… mam is saal to vcncy reduce hi hri h… agle saal se muskil aygi ab
agle saal ka wait hi mt kijiye try hard this tym so that no need to think abt next year vacancy…:)
okk thnxx bro…
ty mam q 8 nai aaya mam :((((
sp of 8 books =sp of 40 books -cp of 40 books
=> sp of 32 books =cp of 40 books
=> sp of 32 books =3200
=>sp of 1 book =100
=> sp of 12 books =1200
O_O hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ty saktiman 😛
no sakti man hehehehe 😛
then its better to have one of the names frm justice league lolzzzzz..:))
hehe ary wah daremon issi accha h 😛
doremon nhi h lolzzzz yh ash and pikachu h…hehehhehe:))
pata h 😛 mai ye bol rahi hu ki daremon isse acha h hehe samjy 😛
awesome quiz !!
Thnks Az. 🙂
Simplest form of 1st questn
Sp = 100×80×12/100×16 = 60
Cp = 60×5/6 =50
Thank you for another wonderful post. Where else could anyone get that type of info in such an ideal way of writing? I’ve a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information.
What i do not understood is actually how you’re not actually much more well-liked than you may be right now. You are very intelligent. You realize thus considerably relating to this subject, produced me personally consider it from so many varied angles. Its like men and women aren’t fascinated unless it?s one thing to accomplish with Lady gaga! Your own stuffs great. Always maintain it up!
Thanks for expressing your ideas. I would also like to express that video games have been at any time evolving. Modern technology and improvements have assisted create authentic and fun games. These types of entertainment video games were not really sensible when the real concept was being used. Just like other areas of technology, video games also have had to advance by many generations. This itself is testimony to the fast growth of video games.
Hello, i think that i saw you visited my weblog so i got here to ?return the desire?.I’m trying to find things to improve my website!I guess its ok to use some of your concepts!!JJ’s Ducted Gas Heating Repairs and Installation 162 Mitchell Rd, Lilydale VIC 3140 0412 531 821