Time Speed Distance Questions for SBI PO, IBPS PO, IBPS RRB, NIACL, LIC, BOI, Bank of Baroda and other competitive exams.
- The speed of a boat in still water is 8kmph and the speed of current is 5kmph . The boat starts from point P and rows to point Q and comes back to point P. It takes 16 hours during this journey .Find the distance between the P and Q .
- To reach from point A to point B at 4pm , Anuja will have to travel at an average speed of 18kmph . She will reach the point B at 3pm if she travels at an average speed of 24kmph . What will be the average speed of Anuja to reach point B at 2pm ?
- Minal and Dhiraj begin together writing out a novel containing 8190 line. Minal starts with the first line , writing at the rate of 200lines per hour , and Dhiraj starts with the last line , then writes 8189th line and so on , proceeding backward at the rate of 150 lines per hour. At what line will they meet?
- A person starts by a car from Kollam to Trivandram and at the same time another person starts from Trivandram to Kollam by a car . After passing each other they complete their journey in 2 hours and (1/2)hour resp. At what rate does the second person drives the car if the first car runs at a speed of 40 kmph ?
- Suppose the telegraph poles on a railway track are 30 m apart , how many poles will be passed by a train in 2 hours if the speed of the train is 90 km an hour ?
- The speeds of Vijaya and Keshav are 30kmph and 40kmph . Initially, Keshav is at a point A and Vijaya is at a place B . The distance between A and B is 650 km . Vijaya started her journey 3 hours earlier than Keshav to meet each other . If they meet each other at a place C somewhere in between A and B , then find the distance between C and B.
- A small aeroplane can travel at 400kmph in still air . The wind is blowing at a constant speed of 40kmph . The total time for a journey against the wind is 120min. What will be the time in minutes for the return journey with the wind?
- There are 50 poles with a constant distance between each pole . A car takes 20 sec. to reach the 10th pole . How much more time will it take to reach the last pole ?
A) 120.11 sec.
B) 108.88 sec.
C) 88.8 sec.
D) 125.4 sec.
E) 157.17 sec.
- A bike travels without stoppages at the rate of 60kmph and it travels with stoppages at the rate of 52kmph. How many minutes does the bike stop?
A) 11 mins.
B) 10 mins.
C) 5 mins.
D) 8 mins.
E) 15 mins.
- A cat is 50 of its own leaps behind a rat. The cat takes 5 leaps per minute to the rat’s 4 leaps. If the cat and the rat cover 8m and 5m per leap resp., what distance will the cat have to run before it catches the rat?