Simple Interest/Compound Interest Questions for IBPS PO, SBI PO, NIACL, NICL, LIC, Dena Bank PO PGDBF, BOI, Bank of Baroda and other competitive exams
- Reena is borrowed a sum of RS. 6000 from Raveena at the rate of 14% for 2 years. She then added some more money to the borrowed sum and lent it to Sameera at the rate of 18% of simple interest for the same time. If Reena gained Rs. 650 in the whole transaction , then what sum did he lend to Sameera?
- The rate of interest on a sum of money is 4% per annum for the first 2 years , 6% per annum for the period next 4 years, 8% per annum for the period beyond 6 years.If the simple interest accrued by the sum for a total period of 9 years is Rs. 1680 ,what is the sum ?
- The simple interest on a certain sum for 2 years at the rate of 5% per annum is Rs.160. What would be the difference of compound interest and simple interest for the same period and at the same rate of interest?
- What is the difference between CI and SI ,if sum is Rs.10,000 for 3 years at the rate of 3%?
- Arjun lent out a sum of money at compound interest rate of 30% per annum for 2 years .It would fetch Rs. 500 more if interest is compounded half –yearly.
- At what rate of % per annum will Rs.2304 amount to Rs. 2500 in 2 years compounded annually.
- The ratio of the amount for 2 years under compound interest annually and for 1 year under simple interest is 5:4 when the rate of interest is same then find the rate of interest?
- Anu borrowed Rs.800 at rate of interest 10% . He repaid Rs.400 at the end of first year.What is the amount required to repay at the end of second year to discharge his loan which was calculated at compound interest?
- Sahil has lent some money to Anita at 6% per annum and Sheetal at 8% per annum. At the end of the year he has gain the overall interest at 7% per annum.In what ratio has he lent the money to Anita and Sheetal?
- What is the ratio of the simple interest earned by certain amount for 4 years and 8 years at the same rate of interest?