- Bikes are safer than aeroplanes.60 percent of aeroplanes accidents result in death,while only 2 percent of bike accidents result in death. Which of the following,if true,would most seriously weaken the argument above?
Aeroplanes are inspected more than bikes,The number of bike accidents is several hundred thousand times higher than the number of aeroplane accidentsPilots never fly under influence of alcohol,while bike riders often do.Aerplanes accidents are usually the fault of air traffic controllers,not pilots.none of aboveOption B
- Akansha has never received a violation from the US administration(Aviation) during her 20 year flying career. She must be a good pilot in the US administration. Which of the following can be said about the reasoning above?
The argument uses circular reasoningThe definitions of terms create ambiguityThe argument works by analogyThe argument is built upon hidden assumptions.none of theseOption D
The argument linking “Not receiving a violation from US administration”to being a good pilot.Therefore,it is based on a hidden assumption.
Directions (3-5): Each question consists of five statements followed by options consisting of three statements together in a specific order. Choose the option which indicates a valid argument ,i,e, where 3rd statement is a conclusion drawn from the preceding two statements.
- a)All universities appoint experienced teachers.
b)Jawaharlal nehru appoints experienced teachers.
c)Jawaharlal nehru is a university.
d)Some universities employs experienced teachers.
e)Jawaharlal nehru only appoints experienced teachers.ABCACBCDBACENone of theseOption B
ACB is logical as if all universities appoint experienced teachers and jawaharlal nehru is a university it follows that jawaharlal nehru appoints good teachers.
- a)No clerk is a teacher.
b)Ramesh is not a teacher.
c)Ramesh is an clerk.
d)Nitish is not an clerk.
e)Nitish is a teacher.ABEADEABCACBNone of theseOption D
It is valid because as if Ramesh is an clerk he would naturally not be a teacher.
- a)Some bikers are alcohol addicts.
b)All alcohol addict bikers should be terminated.
c)Biker Bablu should be terminated.
d)Biker Bablu is an alcohol addict.
e)Some bikers should be terminated.BAECDEBDEBACNone of theseOption A
- STATEMENT: In a journal published ,meterological department has forecasted severe rainfall in the next cropping season which may cause failure of crops.
COURSES OF ACTION:
A)the forecast should be published in media.
B)the relief team should be ready for relief work C)People should be advised to go for resistant activities.Only a and bonly bonly b and cnone of theseall followsOption E
Directions (7-10): In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions.Decide which of the given assumption is implicit. Given answer:
a)1 is implicit
b)2 is implicit
c)Both 1 and 2 are implicit
d)If neither 1 nor 2 are implicit
- STATEMENT : The maximum IBPS PO selection will be from our institute-A MD of a coaching institution.
1)Most of the students who study in this coaching institute are extremely talented.
2)Teachers of the institution are preparing their students thoroughly.abcdeOption B
- STATEMENT : Big bazar was attacked by fruit vendors in Kanpur.
1)Big bazaar has affected the livelihood of local fruit vendors.
2)Big bazaar are built in thickly populated areas.abcdeOption A
Assumption 1 is implicit because somewhere down the line,Big bazzar is affecting the vendors.
- STATEMENT: If you want to specialise in Finance sector in india,join JNU.
1)JNU provides specialisation in Finance.
2)JNU has the best Finance course in india.abcdeOption C
- STATEMENT: To keep my knowledge about current affairs strong I always read THE HINDU magazine.
1) There is no other magazine except THE HINDU for current affairs.
2)THE HINDU is a cheap magazine.abcdeOption D