Current Affairs Quiz 30 March 2017. This Quiz is divided into two parts. First part contains questions from Current Affairs of 29 March 2017. The Second Part contains Questions from various newspaper of today i.e 30 March 2017. Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper daily to excel in General Awareness section of competitive exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 29 March 2017 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of March 29, 2017
- The government is set to clear an estimated ______ relief package for the banks for troubled power loans?
A) Rs 5,000 crore
B) Rs 10,000 crore
C) Rs 15,000 crore
D) Rs 20,000 crore
Explanation: As the promoters are unable to find buyers for their capacity in the current surplus market condition, the Centre, for the banks which are facing the prospect of loans to 25 mega power projects, is set to clear an estimated Rs 10,000 crore relief package.
- Axis Bank has tied up with which bank in USA for real time remittances from the Indian diaspora to their relatives back home in India?
A) Bank of America (BoA)
C) Goldman Sachs Group
D) Wells Fargo
Explanation: Axis Bank has tied up with Wells Fargo, the third largest American bank by assets, to offer real time remittances from the Indian diaspora to their relatives back home. Under the arrangement between the two banks, any member of the Indian diaspora with an account with the Wells Fargo will be able to transfer money to their relatives back home and there will be no transaction fee applicable to the money transfers from USA. But the relative or the beneficiary in India will need to have an account with Axis Bank.
- Third meeting of G-20 framework working group was held in which state?
A) Uttar Pradesh
Explanation: The 3rd G-20 Framework Working Group (FWG) Meeting under the G-20 German Presidency is being co-hosted by Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India and Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in Varanasi on 28th and 29th of March, 2017
- Which state has launched the scheme Unnat Jeevan by Affordable LEDs and Appliances for All?
C) Himachal Pradesh
Explanation: In an initiative to promote energy efficiency, Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh has launched a scheme to distribute light-emitting diode (LED) tubelights and energy-efficient fans.
- Uttarakhand High Court has banned mining in the state for how many months?
A) 2 months
B) 3 months
C) 4 months
D) 5 months
Explanation: The Uttarakhand high court has banned mining across the state for four months while directing the state government to form a “high level committee” to recommend guidelines to stop illegal mining and reclaim mined areas.
- Which company has become the first in India to get approval for InvIT Fund from NHAI?
A) Gammon Infra
B) Reliance Infrastructure
C) Hindustan Construction Co. Ltd.
D) IRCON International Limited
Explanation: Reliance Infrastructure InvIT Fund has got a crucial approval from National Highway Authority of India (NHAI). This is the first approval granted by NHAI for any InvIT fund.
- Which of the following has won the India Pride Awards – 2016 -17 for “Excellence in Infrastructure Development” in the category of Public Sector Undertaking – Central?
A) Indian Railways
B) Airports Authority of India
C) Bharat Earth Movers(BEML)
D) Central Inland Water Transport Corporation
Explanation: Airports Authority of India won Dainik Bhaskar’s India Pride Awards – 2016 -17 for “Excellence in Infrastructure Development” in the category of Public Sector Undertaking – Central.
- Name the first ever Punjabi education Tablet launched by DataWind.
A) Data-Tab Punjabi
D) Vidya-Tab Punjabi
Explanation: DataWind announced its collaboration with Vismaad Inc., the leading developer of educational and animated Punjabi content, to launch the first ever Punjabi education Tablet, Vidya-Tab Punjabi in India.
- ISRO is working in collaboration with which of the following organization for the project NISAR?
Explanation: The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) are jointly working on the development of Dual Frequency (L and S band) Synthetic Aperture Radar Imaging Satellite named as NASA-ISRO Synthetic Aperture Radar (NISAR).
- Which of the following cricketer has received Garfield Sobers Trophy?
A) Virat Kohli
B) Ravichandran Ashwin
C) Joe Root
D) Jos Buttler
Explanation: India’s off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin received Garfield Sobers Trophy for being named the ICC Cricketer of the Year as well as the ICC Test Cricketer of the Year.
Current Affairs Quiz from Today’s Newspaper (30 March 2017) – The Hindu
- Supreme court has banned the sale and registration of BS-III vehicles from ______
A) April 1, 2017
B) May 1, 2017
C) June 1, 2017
D) July 1, 2017
Explanation: From April 1, 2017
- Where is the headquarter of International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) located?
C) Abu Dhabi
D) New York
Explanation: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Which team has won the Deodhar Trophy this year?
A) Tamil Nadu
B) West Bengal
D) Uttar Pradesh
Explanation: Tamil Nadu
2 Thoughts to “Current Affairs Quiz: March 30, 2017”
Thank u sir