Current Affairs Quiz 6 April 2017. This Quiz is divided into two parts. First part contains questions from Current Affairs of 5 April 2017. The Second Part contains Current Affairs Questions from various newspaper of today i.e 6 April 2017. Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper daily to excel in General Awareness section of competitive exam.
Quiz from Current Affairs 5 April 2017 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of April 5, 2017
- RBI has approved printing of which of the following new denomination currency note?
A) Rs 200
B) Rs 300
C) Rs 400
D) Rs 600
Explanation: The board of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cleared a proposal to introduce banknotes of Rs 200 denomination
- Malvika Sinha has been appointed as the _____ of Reserve Bank of India.
A) Deputy Governor
B) Executive Director
C) General Manager
D) Deputy General Manager
Explanation: The Reserve Bank of India has appointed Smt. Malvika Sinha as Executive Director (ED) consequent upon appointment of Shri B P Kanungo as Deputy Governor on April 03, 2017. Smt. Malvika Sinha took charge on April 03, 2017.
- State Bank of India has decided to increase the number of Circles under the National Banking Group from 14 to _____
Explanation: tate Bank of India (SBI) has decided to carve out a new Circle (Jaipur) from the existing Delhi and bifurcate the Hyderabad Circle into Andhra Pradesh (new) and Telangana Circles. As a result of this, the number of Circles under the National Banking Group would increase to 16 from 14 now. The 16 Circles are Ahmedabad, Andhra Pradesh (new), Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Jaipur (new), Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, North-East, Patna, Telangana, and Thiruvananthapuram.
- Which bank has become the first bank to cross business worth over $1 billion at the GIFT City?
A) Axis bank
B) ICICI Bank
C) HDFC Bank
D) Yes Bank
Explanation: Private sector lender Yes Bank reported $1 billion on its balance sheet at the IFSC Banking Unit (IBU) in Gujarat International Finance Tec City (GIFT). The bank has become the first to achieve milestone of $1 billion mark at the GIFT City.
- In the first of its kind, Axis Bank and ICICI Bank have sold loans worth Rs 1800 crore of Ballarpur Industries’ to which of the following asset reconstruction company?
A) Reliance Asset Reconstruction Company Limited
B) Asset Reconstruction Company (India) Limited (ARCIL)
C) Edelweiss Asset Reconstruction Company Limited
D) Asset Care & Reconstruction Enterprise Limited (ACRE)
Explanation: Paper maker, Ballarpur Industries’ loans worth Rs 1800 crore have been sold to an asset reconstruction company, Edelweiss, by the borrowers Axis Bank and ICICI Bank. It is noteworthy that, this is potentially the first case involving selling off a bad loan to an asset reconstruction company (ARC). Axis Bank has sold Rs 1,200 crore of loan to the ARC; while ICICI Bank has sold Rs 600 crore of loans to the same entity. – See more at: http://www.dsij.in/article-details/articleid/19265/ballarpur-industries-rs-1800-crore-loans-sold-to-edelweiss.aspx#sthash.wYSUtTRw.dpuf
- Kushiyara River is situated in
A) Nepal, india
B) Bangladesh, Nepal
C) Bangladesh, India
D) India, Myanmar
Explanation: The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved MoU between India and Bangladesh for fairway development of Ashuganj-Zakiganj stretch of Kushiyara river and Sirajganj-Daikhawa stretch of Jamuna river in the Indo-Bangladesh protocol route by undertaking necessary dredging jointly by the two countries.
- Union Cabinet has approved closure of the MGPSY. This Yojana is related to ______ .
A) to provide fixed monthly pension to BPL family
B) to address the social security-related issues of the workers going abroad for employment to ECR countries.
C) to construct cement roads in rural areas of the country
D) to issue job cards to unemployed youths belonging to the BPL family.
Explanation: The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved closure of the Mahatma Gandhi Pravasi Suraksha Yojana (MGPSY) which was set up in 2012 to address the social security-related issues of the Emigration Check Required (ECR)-category workers going abroad for employment to ECR countries. The subscription under the MGPSY was very low and no new subscription was received for more than a year. Closure of the scheme will, therefore, obviate the avoidable recurring administrative and record-keeping expenditure.
- Exercise Nomadic Elephant – XII is a military exercise between India and ____.
- Military training exercise between India and Mongolia named ‘Exercise Nomadic Elephant – XII has started at which place?
A) Arunachal Pradesh
Explanation: A 14-day India-Mongolia military training exercise began at Vairengte in Mizoram. Named ‘Exercise Nomadic Elephant – XII’, it is aimed at training troops in counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism operations under the United Nations mandate. It will continue till April 18.
- Berhampur Thakurani Yatra festival began in which state?
A) Andhra Pradesh
C) Tamil Nadu
Explanation: The famous Berhampur Thakurani Yatra, one of the biggest festivals of southern Odisha, has began. It is nearly a month-long festival.
- Who has been appointed as the Chairman of NASSCOM?
A) Rishad Premji
B) JS Deepak
C) Raman Roy
D) Nand Kumar Sai
Explanation: Global services major Quatrro’s Founder Raman Roy will be the Nasscom Chairman and Wipro Board Member Rishad Premji will be Nasscom’s Vice-Chairman for fiscal 2017-18.
- LazyPay payment facility has been launched by ____ ?
B) PayU India
Explanation: Global online payment service PayU India has launched ‘LazyPay’ that provides deferral payment facility and is aimed at those who transact digitally for any amount between Rs 500 and Rs 2,500.
- Amazon has launched virtual classroom programme name Amazon Classroom for which country?
Explanation: To make on-boarding easy for new sellers, Amazon India has launched an initiative called Amazon Classroom, a virtual training programme to help teach them the nuances of online selling.
- Which Indian cricketer was appointed as the CEO of Gulf Oil India for a day?
A) Sachin Tendulkar
B) Ravi Shashtri
C) MS Dhoni
D) Anil Kumble
Explanation: The World Cup-winning skipper, who resigned as India’s limited-overs skipper earlier this year before being removed as the captain of Rising Pune Supergiant, was appointed as ‘CEO of the day’ by Gulf Oil India.
- Who has been named as the Leading Cricketer in the World’ for 2016 by this year’s edition of Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack.
A) Joe Root
B) AB de Villiers
C) Steven Smith
D) Virat Kohli
Explanation: Virat Kohli
- Who has been named as the Leading Woman Cricketer in the World’ for 2016 by this year’s edition of Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack.
A) Suzie Bates
B) Ellyse Perry
C) Meg Lanning
D) Mithali Raj
Explanation: Australia’s Ellyse Perry was named the leading woman cricketer in the world.
- Who has been elected as the President of Serbia?
A) Sasa Jankovic
B) Ljubisa Preletacevic
C) Aleksandar Vucic
D) James Thompson
Explanation: Serbian Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic has won a clear victory in the country’s presidential election.
Current Affairs Quiz from Today’s Newspaper (6 April 2017) – The Hindu
- Central Government has cleared the proposal to set up independent rail regulator that will be responsible for recommending passenger fares named Rail Development Authority (RDA). The initial corpus of RDA will be ___?
A) Rs 50 crore
B) Rs 100 crore
C) Rs 150 crore
D) Rs 200 crore
Explanation: The regulator, named Rail Development Authority (RDA), will be based in Delhi with an initial corpus of Rs. 50 crore and will be set up through an executive order later this month. The RDA will act within the parameters of the Railway Act, 1989 and only make recommendations to the Ministry which will take a final call on passenger and freight fares.
- What is India’s rank in travel and tourism sector as per the report released by World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC)?
Explanation: According to a new report released by World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC), India’s travel and tourism sector ranks 7th in the world in terms of its total contribution to the country’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
- Government has allowed duty free import of raw sugar up to ____ tonne.
A) 1 lakh tonne
B)2 lakh tonne
C) 4 lakh tonne
D) 5 lakh tonne
Explanation: Until 12 June 2017
- As per the Finance Act 2017, the ban on cash transaction of Rs 2 lakh will not be applicable on ?
A) Cash Deposit in current account of banks
B) Cash withdrawal from current account in banks
C) Cash deposit in saving accounts in banks
D) Cash withdrawal from saving account in banks
Explanation: Cash withdrawal from saving account in banks and post offices
5 Thoughts to “Current Affairs Quiz: April 6, 2017”
thanku sir 🙂
15/21 ty :/
great work sir. thank you