Daily Current Affairs 1 February 2023 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Uttar Pradesh govt launches campaign to empower underprivileged girls
Uttar Pradesh government has launched a campaign to empower girls from the underprivileged class, an official said.
- The Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan will work under the Aarohini Initiative Training Programme for the safety and security of girls in 746 Kasturba Gandhi Residential Girls Schools in the state.
- In the first phase, which will start on February 1, teachers will be trained.
Indian Army organises integrated exercise in North Bengal
In order to coordinate an integrated battle, the Indian Armed Forces and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) conducted a joint training exercise called “Exercise Trishakri Prahar” in North Bengal from 21 to 31 January, 2023.
- The exercise, which included all of the Army’s services, the Indian Air Force, and CAPFs, was designed to test the Security Forces’ ability to fight using the most modern tools and weapons in a networked, integrated environment.
Ex Topchi 2023 : An Integrated Firepower Exercise at School of Artillery, Devlali
Indigenously manufactured weapon systems were the highlight of the Indian Army’s ‘Exercise Topchi’, an annual firepower demonstration and training exercise conducted at the School of Artillery in Devlali.
- The mega event took place under the stewardship of Lt Gen S Harimohan Iyer, AVSM, Commandant School of Artillery and Col Commandant Regiment of Artillery.
- The guns and other systems be it the K-9 Vajra, Dhanush system or M777 gun system, all have been assembled in India. The SWATHI radar system, remotely-piloted vehicles have been made in India and it is on par with any such system across the world.
Centre forms committee to draft rules, standards for mediation in India
Under the chairmanship of former Law Secretary PK Malhotra, the Law and Justice Ministry has formed a working committee to create rules and standards for mediation in India.
- The committee would also devise a strategy for actively disseminating the benefits of the Mediation Bill/provisions Act’s and would publicise them widely among stakeholders and citizens.
Tourism minister launches Visit India Year 2023 initiative, logo in New Delhi
Minister of Tourism G. Kishan Reddy launched the Visit India Year – 2023 initiative and also unveiled its logo in New Delhi, kicking off the year of grand plans and activities for promoting tourism in the country.
- The Minister said that the launch of the Visit India Year 2023 logo is taking place in this important year as India is heading G20. He said, more than one lakh foreign delegates will visit India this year and they will be showcased the entire gamut of India’s culture, including monuments and festivals
BANKING & FINANCE
New India Assurance launches ‘pay as you drive’ policy
New India Assurance (NIA) has launched a ‘Pay as You Drive’ (PAYD) policy, which offers a comprehensive motor insurance policy that charges premium based on the usage of vehicle. The policy has two components – third-party cover and own-damage cover.
- The customer can save money on renewal premium by availing the applicable discount if the vehicle has not run beyond a specified number of kilometres. The discount will be applied on basic own damage premium.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Nagaland govt and Patanjali Foods Ltd. sign MoU on palm oil cultivation
Nagaland government and Patanjali Foods Limited have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for development and area expansion under palm oil cultivation and processing for Zone-II (Mokokchung, Longleng and Mon districts) of Nagaland under the National Mission on Edible Oils-Oil Palm (NMEO-OP).
- According to Patanjali Foods Ltd, the signing of MoU with the Government of Nagaland will certainly bring a big boost for the oil palm growers in the state of Nagaland and the region.
Govt extends tenure of SBI MD Challa Sreenivasulu Setty by 2 years
The government has extended the term of State Bank of India Managing Director Challa Sreenivasulu Setty by two years with effect from January 20.
- In a regulatory filing, SBI said the government issued a notification to this effect on January 10.
PUMA ropes in Indian cricket captain Harmanpreet Kaur as ambassador
Sports brand Puma India announced roping in women’s cricket team captain Harmanpreet Kaur as its latest brand ambassador.
- As part of the partnership terms, Harmanpreet will endorse the brand’s footwear, apparel and accessories throughout the year.
Morgan Stanley names Arun Kohli as new country head for India
Morgan Stanley named Arun Kohli as the new India head to replace Sanjay Shah, a veteran of 26 years at the firm, who is retiring.
- Kohli, currently the chief operating officer for EMEA, will head the US bank’s business in the country, according to a memo seen by Bloomberg News.
- With the bank since 2007, Kohli will relocate to Mumbai from London where he headed the firm’s post-Brexit strategy and implemented growth strategies across markets in the region.