Daily Current Affairs 11 March 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Cabinet approves establishment of WHO Global Centre for Traditional Medicine in Gujarat
Union Cabinet has approved the establishment of the WHO Global Centre for Traditional Medicine in Jamnagar, Gujarat. It will be the first and only global out posted Centre for traditional medicine across the globe.
- It will be established under the Ministry of AYUSH. It will ensure quality, safety and efficacy, accessibility and rational use of traditional medicine and work to develop norms, standards, and guidelines in relevant technical areas, tools and methodologies, for collecting data undertaking analytics and assessing impact.
Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal announces investment of over Rs 100 cr to develop AYUSH Healthcare sector in Nagaland
Union Minister AYUSH, & Ports, Shipping and Waterways, Sarbananda Sonowal has announced a major investment of more than 100 crore rupees to develop the AYUSH Healthcare sector in Nagaland.
- The investment includes 30 bedded Integrated AYUSH Hospital at Kiphire, 10 bedded AYUSH hospitals each at Mokokchung, Nagaland University in Dimapur & Wokha, and a state-of-the-art Ayurvedic college at Longleng with an estimated cost of 70 crore rupees.
Govt approves continuation of Swatantrata Sainik Samman Yojana for financial years 2021-22 to 2025-26
Government has approved the continuation of the Swatantrata Sainik Samman Yojana and its components for Financial Years 2021-22 to 2025-26. The decision shows the commitment of the Government to remember sacrifices of Freedom Fighters and taking inspiration from them during the year of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- Freedom Fighters and their eligible dependents have been sanctioned the Swatantrata Sainik Samman Pension. Presently, there are 23 thousand 566 beneficiaries across the country covered under this scheme.
Union Cabinet approves setting up of National Land Monetization Corporation for undertaking surplus land monetization
The Union Cabinet approved the setting up of National Land Monetization Corporation (NLMC) for undertaking surplus land monetization. It will be a wholly-owned government company with an initial authorized share capital of five thousand crore rupees and paid-up share capital of 150 crore rupees.
- The NLMC will undertake monetization of surplus land and building assets of Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) and other government agencies.
- With monetization of non-core assets, the government will be able to generate substantial revenues by monetizing unused and under-used assets.
India, Bangladesh, and Nepal finalise MoU for implementation of BBIN Motor Vehicles Agreement
Bangladesh, India, and Nepal held a meeting to discuss the passenger and Cargo protocols to operationalize the BBIN Motor Vehicles Agreement (MVA). The two-day meeting held in Delhi.
- Bhutan participated in the meeting as an observer. This is the first meeting of the group since the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic. The last meeting was held in February 2020 in New Delhi.
- During the meeting, an enabling MOU to be signed by India, Bangladesh, and Nepal for implementation of the BBIN MVA by the three countries, pending ratification of the MVA by Bhutan was finalized.
India, Japan hold joint military exercise in Karnataka
As part of Joint Exercise between India-Japan, 15 Maratha LIRC UNIT and Japan 30 Infantry regiment participated at Maratha Light Infantry Regimental Centre in Belgaum in Karnataka.
- As part of the exercise Insertion by helicopter into the ‘area of operation’ is being carried out in the Regimental Center. With the objective of creating better coordination during joint operation the exercise is being conducted between Indian and Japanese military personnel.
Prasar Bharati signs MoU with Yupp TV to expand global reach
India’s public broadcaster, Prasar Bharati has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Yupp TV, an over-the-top (OTT) platform, which is a gateway for television viewers across the globe.
- With this, DD India is now available on the OTT platform of Yupp TV in USA, UK, Europe, Middle East, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand. Through Yupp TV, one can watch live TV anytime anywhere in the world.
- It is aimed at expanding the global reach of DD India channel to put forth India’s perspective on various international developments on global platforms and to showcase the country’s culture and values to the world.
PM Modi unveils Shivaji Maharaj statue in Pune
Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled a statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj in the premises of the Pune Municipal Corporation.Meanwhile, Prime Minister Modi inaugurated the Pune Metro rail s ‘s two priority stretches of 12 km, out of the total 32.2 km project in the city.
- The statue is made up of 1,850 kg of gunmetal and is about 9.5-foot tall.This project is an endeavour to provide world-class infrastructure for urban mobility in Pune.
BANKING & FINANCE
India, World Bank sign 125mn loan to support efforts to help poor & vulnerable groups access social protection services in West Bengal
Government of India, Government of West Bengal, and World Bank signed a 125 million dollar International bank for reconstruction and development, IBRD loan to support efforts to help poor and vulnerable groups access social protection services in West Bengal.
- West Bengal runs more than 400 programmes that provide social assistance, care services, and jobs. Most of these services are offered through an umbrella platform called Jai Bangla.
- The West Bengal Building State Capability for Inclusive Social Protection Project will support these interventions at the state level.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
GeM launches ‘Stitching and Tailoring ‘ in partnership with USHA
On the occasion of International Women’s Day, Government eMarketplace –GeM has launched Stitching and Tailoring Services on the GeM portal in partnership with USHA International Ltd through its Silai School Programme.
- The service will open new opportunities for Usha Silai Women and self-help groups to enhance their livelihood incomes through sewing orders placed by various Government departments and agencies.
- It will also fulfil three percent procurement target set aside for women MSE entrepreneurs
Jamshedpur FC wins first ISL Winner’s Shield after beating ATK Mohun Bagan by 1-0
Jamshedpur FC, an Indian professional football club based in Jamshedpur, won their first Indian Super League (ISL) Winner’s Shield after a gritty 1-0 win over ATK Mohun Bagan at the PJN Stadium, Goa.
- A goal by Ritwik Das separated both the teams that won the trophy for the Men of Steel. This result means that the Men of Steel will face Kerala Blasters FC over two legs in the semi-finals.
Yoon Suk-yeol elected as new President of South Korea
Yoon Suk-yeol has been declared as the winner of the 2022 South Korean presidential election to be elected as the new President of the country.
- He is scheduled to assume office as president on May 10, 2022, for a fixed term of five years. Yoon Suk-yeol will succeed incumbent President Moon Jae-in.
- With more than 98 per cent of the ballots counted, Yoon had 48.6 per cent of the votes against his rival Lee Jae-Myung’s 47.8 per cent. Yoon is to take office in May and serve a single five-year term as leader of the world’s 10th-largest economy.
Singapore’s T Raja Kumar appointed president of FATF
Singapore’s T Raja Kumar has been appointed as the president of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF), the global money laundering and terrorism financing watchdog.
- appointment, which begins on Jul 1, is a for fixed two-year term. He was selected to succeed Dr Marcus Pleyer of Germany during the FATF plenary, which ended recently.