Daily Current Affairs 15 November 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
India’s Longest River Cruise to sail from Varanasi in January 2023
As per the latest development, the world’s longest luxury river cruise is all set to start its journey in January 2023, which will be a distance of around 4000 km. This was recently announced by Union Minister of Ports, Shipping, and Waterways Sarbananda Sonowal.
- Known as Ganga Vilas Cruise, this cruise will connect Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh to Dibrugarh in Assam, and travel through Kolkata and Dhaka.
- The cruise will further pass Varanasi and reach Patna on the 8th day passing through Buxar, Ramnagar, and Ghazipur, and will be covering almost 1100 km in Bangladesh before entering India.
Year 2022 declared as ASEAN-India Friendship Year
Commemorating the 30th anniversary of its dialogue relations, in a significant development, ASEAN and India announced the elevation of the existing Strategic Partnership to a Comprehensive Strategic Partnership.
- The announcement came during the 19th ASEAN-India Summit, chaired by Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar in Cambodia, who is on a three-day visit to the country. Addressing the summit, the VP said the India-ASEAN relationship as the central pillar of India’s ACT-EAST policy.
- Further, elaborating on details of the VP’s address, the Ministry of External Affairs said the summit saw discussions on further strengthening of the India-ASEAN Partnership.
BANKING & FINANCE
BHIM App Open Source License Model launched by NPCI
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has announced the launch of the BHIM App open-source license model.
- Under the new model, the source code of the BHIM app will be licensed to regulated entities participating in the UPI ecosystem.
- Further, new features that get launched on BHIM App in the future, will also be extended to these entities for them to continue.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Centre approves BSNL Rs 26,821 Crore 4G deal with TCS
The central government has given a go-ahead to the Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd’s (BSNL) Rs 26,821-crore deal with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) to roll out 4G services in India.
- The report stated that TCS will soon be given the order to purchase 100,000 sites for the state-run telco. The IT services provider will set up the 4G lines and maintain the network for the next nine years.
India to host IBSA Blind Football Women’s Asian/Oceania Championship 2022
The Indian Blind Football Federation will host the upcoming International Blind Sports Federation (IBSA) Blind Football Asia/Oceania Championship at United Sports Centre in Kochi from November 11 to 18, 2022.
- This is the first time in India that a para football event will have 10 men’s teams and 2 women’s teams.
- This para football event is a qualifier for the World’s Championships Birmingham 2022 and the Paris Paralympics 2024
Kabaddi World Cup 2025 to be hosted by West Midlands in England
The West Midlands has been confirmed as the host of the 2025 Kabaddi World Cup in a move supported by the region’s official economic development agency.
- The region will become the first destination outside of Asia to host the tournament, which will feature the world’s best kabaddi players from leading men’s and women’s teams, including India, Iran and Pakistan.
- The tournament will take place during the first quarter of 2025.
Olympic medallist PV Sindhu launches Fit India School Week Mascots Toofan & Toofani
Double Olympic medallist launched mascots Toofan and Toofani for Fit India Movement’s Fit India School Week initiative for the year 2022.
- The 4th Fit India School Week will commenced on 15th November 2022, wherein various schools across India will organise fitness and sports events in various forms for 4 to 6 days during a month.
- The Fit India Movement, which was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the year 2019, launched its annual ‘Fit India School Week’ program in December the same year.
Nobel Laureate Venki Ramakrishnan honoured UK’s Royal Order of Merit
Nobel Laureate Dr Venki Ramakrishnan has been appointed to the Order of Merit by King Charles III in recognition of his distinguished service to science.
- The 70-year-old UK-based molecular biologist is among six appointments made to the historic order by the late Queen Elizabeth II before her death in September and the first to be appointed by Charles. The Order of Merit is an exclusive mark of honour conferred by the British sovereign.
- He received the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 2009 for his work on ribosomal structure and was knighted by the Queen in 2012. He was President of the UK’s Royal Society from November 2015 until November 2020.
Shlok Mukherjee wins India’s 2022 Doodle for Google
Kolkata’s Shlok Mukherjee from Delhi Public School in NewTown, Kolkata has been adjudged as winner of 022 Doodle for Google competition in India.
- Shlok doodles his hope for India’s scientific advancements to take center stage.
- This year’s contest received over 115,000 entries from children in classes 1 to 10 from over 100 cities across India, responding to the theme “In the next 25 years, my India will….”
Bhopal Railway Station awarded 4-Star Rating ‘Eat Right Station’ Certification
The Food Safety and Standard Association of India (FSSAI) awarded Bhopal Railway Station a 4-star ‘Eat Right Station’ certification for providing ‘”high-quality, nutritious food to passengers”, the Ministry of Railways said.
- Railway stations are awarded the certificate after an FSSAI-empaneled third-party audit agency rates them on a scale of 1 to 5 for food storage and hygiene practices.
- The certification is part of the ‘Eat Right India’ movement- a large-scale effort by FSSAI to transform the country’s food system to ensure safe, healthy and sustainable food for all Indians.