Daily Current Affairs 17 May 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Home Minister Amit Shah Inaugurates National Cyber Forensic Lab at Hyderabad’s CFSL
Expected to fast-track cyber crime cases in India, National Cyber Forensic Laboratory (NCFL) has been inaugurated by union home minister Amit Shah on Hyderabad’s Central Forensic Science Laboratory campus.
- The ministry of home affairs (MHA) gave its nod to the establishment of the NCFL for evidentiary purposes in CFSL, Hyderabad, in December last year.
Ramgarh Vishdhari Wildlife Sanctuary notified as 52nd Reserve Forest for Wild cats
Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change Bhupender Yadav has said that Ramgarh Vishdhari Tiger Reserve in Rajasthan has been notified as the 52nd Reserve of India, which will conserve biodiversity and bring in ecotourism and development to the area.
- The newly notified tiger reserve includes the tiger habitat between Ranthambore Tiger Reserve in the northeast and Mukundra Hills Tiger Reserve on the southern side and facilitates dispersal of tigers from Ranthambore Tiger Reserve.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
RBI allows banks to lend to NBFCs for priority sector loans on an on-going basis
The Reserve Bank of India said that lending by scheduled commercial banks (SCBs) to non-banking finance companies (NBFCs) for the purpose of on-lending to priority sector loan (PSL) segments will be allowed on an on-going basis, as against the earlier deadline of March 31.
- The central bank has allowed small finance banks (SFB) to tag loans to microfinance institutions (MFIs) as PSL loans on an on-going basis as well.
Adani Buys Ambuja Cement, ACC From Holcim In India’s Largest Cement Deal
Billionaire Gautam Adani won the race to acquire Swiss cement major Holcim’s stake in Ambuja Cements and its subsidiary ACC for $10.5 bn (around Rs 81,361 crore), including the open offers. Gautam Adani said the group expects aggressive expansion and plans to double the existing 70 million tonnes per year capacity within the next five years. He added that the existing teams will be able to bring in the expertise to achieve the group’s growth plans going forward.
India’s Sift Kaur Samra bags Gold at ISSF Junior World Cup in Suhl, Germany
India’s Sift Kaur Samra won the individual women’s 50m rifle 3 positions (3P) like Prone, the Standing and the Kneeling positions, event to take India’s gold medal tally to 10 at the ISSF Junior World Cup 2022 in Suhl, Germany. Sift Kaur Samra beat Norway’s Julie Johannessen 17-9 in the final.
RBI appoints Sitikantha Pattanaik and Rajiv Ranjan as executive directors
The Reserve Bank said that Sitikantha Pattanaik and Rajiv Ranjan have been appointed as executive directors with effect from May 1.
- Ranjan will also serve as an ex-officio member of the rate-setting panel Monetary Policy Committee (MPC).
Somalia elects Hassan Sheikh Mohamud as new president
Somalia handed Hassan Sheikh Mohamud the presidency for a second time following long-overdue election in the troubled Horn of Africa nation, which is confronting an Islamist insurgency and the threat of famine.
Kenya’s Anna Qabale Duba Crowned World’s Best Nurse
Anna Qabale Duba from Kenya has won the Aster Guardians Global Nursing Award. The Kenyan nurse won the award after a panel of judges came together to honor her for her dedication to helping vulnerable women and children in Africa. Duba received a cash prize of $250,000.
- The 31-year-old Kenyan and mother of two has dedicated her life to helping the vulnerable. She became the only graduate from her village and ventured into helping communities and their vulnerable members.