Daily Current Affairs 19 May 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Govt allocates Rs 515 crore for cybersecurity programs for the year 2022-23
Minister of State for Electronics and Information Rajeev Chandrasekhar said that the Union Government has taken several initiatives to create an atmosphere of safety and trust and addressed cyber security online.
- Mr. Chandrasekhar said, over 809 crore rupees have been spent from 2019 to 2020 to address cyber security challenges. He said, a further 515 crore rupees have been allocated for 2022-23 to address infrastructure awareness, tools, and Cyber Swachhta Kendras.
Cabinet approves amendments to National Policy on Biofuels to make India energy independent by 2047
Union Cabinet has approved the Amendments to the National Policy on Biofuels -2018. The amendments are intended to allow more feedstocks for the production of biofuels, advance the ethanol blending target of 20 percent blending of ethanol in petrol and promote the production of biofuels in the country.
- Besides, the amendments are also to add new members to the National Biofuel Coordination Committee (NBCC) and grant permission for the export of biofuels in specific cases.
Ministry of Heavy Industries signs MoU with NRDC for enhancement of Capital Goods Scheme
Ministry of Heavy Industries has signed an MoU with National Research Development Corporation for undertaking various activities for smooth implementation of the Scheme for enhancement of competitiveness in the Indian capital goods sector.
- As per the MoU, the corporation will conduct the activities like evaluation and review of the scheme, management of intellectual property rights, and commercialization support for the products developed under Capital Goods Scheme.
Gujarat CM Bhupendra Patel inaugurates ‘Vadnagar International Conference’
Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel inaugurated the ‘Vadnagar International Conference’ at Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar on the occasion of World Museum Day. The 3 day conference has been organized jointly by the Ministry of Sports, Youth and Culture of the Government of Gujarat and the Union Ministry of Culture.
WCR develops battery-operated dual-mode locomotive ‘Navdoot’
After e-bikes, e-cars, and e-bus in the country, now the dream of e-train is also going to come true. West Central Railway has developed a battery-operated dual-mode locomotive named Navdoot. This engine runs on both modes i.e. battery and electricity. Currently, it is being used during shunting of trains at Jabalpur, Mudwara, and other stations on a trial basis.
- This e-engine can pull 18 coaches at a speed of 30 kmph. It has 84 batteries and has a capacity to pull 400 tonnes at present. Chief Public Relations Officer of West Central Railway Rahul Jaipuria told AIR that this innovation has been performed by the Electric Department of New Katni Junction.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
GeM, CSC e-Governance India Pvt Ltd & Department of Posts sign MoU for engagement of last mile buyers, sellers and service providers
Government e-Marketplace, GeM, Common Service Centre e-governance India Private Limited and Department of Posts signed an MoU for engagement of last mile buyers, sellers and service providers in public procurement.
- Nearly four lakh 50 thousand Common Service Centers and around one lakh 50 thousand Post Offices across the country will be trained to assist last-mile government buyers, sellers and service providers.
Odisha defeats Karnataka in final of 12th Hockey India Senior Women’s National C’ship
Odisha were crowned as the Champions of the 12th Hockey India Senior Women National Championship 2022 in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh with a thrilling 2-0 victory over Karnataka in the final of the competition.
- Jharkhand beat Haryana 3-2 to earn third-place finish.