Daily Current Affairs 20 September for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Shri Dharmendra Pradhan launches ‘Skills on Wheels’ initiative with NSDC and IndusInd Bank to promote skilling
Union Minister for Education and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan and Speaker, Lok Sabha, Shri Om Birla launched ‘Skills on Wheels’ initiative with NSDC and IndusInd Bank with a flagging off ceremony.
- Under the partnership, 60,000 youth will be empowered over a period of five years with the objective of improving livelihood of rural households by providing relevant skills training to its youth population.
- Under the collaboration, a customized bus with retrofitted tools will promote the ‘Skill India Mission’ initiative through ‘Skills on Wheels’ and will travel across the length and breadth of aspirational and backward districts.
Centre launches three game-changing initiatives for farmers focusing on agri-credit and crop insurance
The government will launch a series of transformative initiatives, aimed at revolutionizing agriculture in the country in New Delhi. The transformative initiatives, include Kisan Rin Portal (KRP), Door to Door KCC Campaign, and Weather Information Network Data Systems (WINDS) Manual.
- These initiatives will be launched by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar.
- These initiatives aim to amplify financial inclusion, streamline data utilization, harness technology, and enhance the livelihoods of the agricultural community. It said these initiatives will focus on agri-credit and crop insurance, keeping the welfare of farmers at their core.
Udhampur Railway Station renamed as Martyr Captain Tushar Mahajan Railway Station
The Jammu and Kashmir administration passed an order approving the renaming of Udhampur railway station to “Martyr Captain Tushar Mahajan Railway Station”, in honour of the Army braveheart.
- Captain Mahajan, from Udhampur’s Adarsh Colony, was an officer of the 9 PARA (Special Forces of the Indian Army) who laid down his life while defending the country during the February 2016 terror attack on the Jammu and Kashmir Entrepreneurship Development Institute building in south Kashmir’s Pulwama district.
Gandhi walk resumed in Johannesburg, South Africa after Covid-19 pandemic
The 35th edition of the annual Gandhi Walk in Johannesburg, South Africa took place. The event was organised after three years of delay due to the COVID-19 pandemic. More than 2,000 people joined the new format of a fun six-kilometre walk that ended with a wide range of entertainment.
- This walk started as a small fundraiser to complete the Gandhi Hall in Lenasia, which has since become a major venue for all Indian-community events.
BANKING & FINANCE
ACKO launches its breakthrough Health Insurance Product – ACKO Platinum Health Plan
After disrupting the way Indians buy Auto Insurance, ACKO, the tech-first insurer, has launched its breakthrough Health Insurance Product – ACKO Platinum Health Plan. This plan has innovative features like 100% bill payment, no room rent capping, zero waiting period, and more.
- To launch its best-in-class Health Insurance product, ACKO brings back two iconic characters of Munna Bhai and Circuit. Directed by the renowned filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani, the campaign titled “Health Insurance ki Subah ho Gayi Mamu” sees Sanjay Dutt and Arshad Warsi reprise their original roles and question the current Health Insurance system.
IREDA Inks MoU With Bank of Maharashtra For Financing Renewable Energy Projects
State-owned Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA) inked an initial pact with Bank of Maharashtra to finance renewable energy projects.
- The collaboration aims to promote and facilitate co-lending and loan syndication for a diverse spectrum of renewable energy projects across the nation, according to a statement.
- The MoU comprises several services, including co-lending and co-origination support for all renewable energy projects, facilitating loan syndication and underwriting, management of trust & retention account for IREDA borrowers, and a commitment to establishing stable fixed interest rates spanning a period of 3-4 years for IREDA borrowings.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
NHAI inks deal to develop multi-modal logistics park in Bengaluru for ₹1,770 cr
The National Highways Logistics Management Ltd (NHLML), under the aegis of National Highways Authority of India has signed an agreement to develop a multi-modal logistics park (MMLP) in Bengaluru under public-private partnership at an estimated cost of ₹1,770 crore.
- The MMLP will be spread across 400 acre at Muddelinganahalli in Bengaluru rural. The project is poised to become the first and largest MMLP ever implemented in the country under the PM GatiShakti National Master Plan.
- The MMLP will be developed in three phases. The first phase is expected to be completed in two years. The logistics park will cater to about 30 million metric tonne (MMT) cargo by the end of concession period of 45 years and will give huge boost to industrial zones in the catchment region such as Bengaluru and Tumkur.
OECD raises India’s growth forecast for FY24 to 6.3 per cent
The Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) has raised India’s GDP (gross domestic product) forecast for 2023-24 to 6.3% from 6% projected earlier. However, the country’s GDP growth for FY24-25 has been revised downward to 6% from 7% estimated earlier.
- India, which is listed among the G20 emerging-market economies, has experienced mostly positive growth surprises, attributed in part to favourable weather-related agricultural outcomes, OECD said.
- The global economy, however, is expected to grow at a rate of 3 per cent in 2023, before slowing down to 2.7 per cent in 2024, according to the report.
Cricketer Deepak Chahar launches new brand ‘DNINE Sports’
Cricketer Deepak Chahar has bootstrapped to launch his own sports line, DNINE Sports. This is less than a year after he launched his fantasy sports app. The sports line will have an investment of ₹2.5 crore and will retail products like shoes for cricket, clothing and accessories, etc.
- The company will be incorporated under the entity LCDC Athletics Private Limited and will have the cricketer and his father Lokendra Singh Chahar as co-founders.