Daily Current Affairs 21 November for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Government’s ‘Skills on Wheels’ Initiative for Rural Empowerment
In a bid to empower rural communities, the government is set to launch the ‘Skills on Wheels’ initiative, aiming to deliver skill training directly to the doorsteps of rural individuals, with a particular focus on equipping rural youth, especially women, with foundational digital skills.
- The overarching goal of the ‘Skills on Wheels’ initiative is to enable individuals to actively participate in the emerging economy. By equipping rural populations with these skills, the initiative seeks to enhance governance and prepare individuals for job opportunities, making them ready for the future.
- In the initial phase, the Ministry of Skills Development plans to collaborate with the private sector, leveraging corporate social responsibility (CSR) programs for skill impartation.
Bihar Governor Approves Bill Raising Reservation From 50% to 65%
In a significant move towards addressing social inequality, the Governor of Bihar, Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar, approved the ‘Bihar Reservation Amendment Bill’.
- This legislative development comes after the State Government passed the bill unanimously during the winter season, with Chief Minister Nitish Kumar expressing his commitment to swift implementation.
- The bill raises the reservation quota for Backward, Extremely Backward Classes, Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes from 50% to 65%, surpassing the 50% ceiling set by the Supreme Court. This article delves into the key aspects of the reservation amendment, its implications and the social justice agenda it aims to promote.
BANKING & FINANCE
Acko partners with R Madhavan as their ‘voice of the customer’
ACKO, the insurtech company making insurance convenient, transparent, and accessible for Indians, has partnered with renowned actor R Madhavan as its ‘Voice of the Customer’.
- This collaboration aims to dispel common misconceptions about insurance and empower consumers to make informed decisions. This strategic partnership between ACKO and R Madhavan marks a significant step forward in bridging the trust gap in the Indian insurance industry.
Karnataka Bank Partners with HDFC Life to Offer Insurance Products
Karnataka Bank, a leading Mangaluru-based private sector lender, has announced a strategic partnership with HDFC Life, one of India’s premier life insurance providers. This collaboration aims to provide customers with a comprehensive suite of innovative and customer-centric financial solutions.
- This strategic tie-up between Karnataka Bank and HDFC Life is a significant step forward in providing customers with value-added financial solutions. By combining their respective strengths, the two companies are committed to helping customers achieve their financial goals and secure a brighter future.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
PwC India to Cross 9k-cr Revenue Mark on Robust Growth
PwC India is anticipating a historic milestone, projecting gross revenue to surpass ₹9,000 crores in the current fiscal year,buoyed by robust growth across all its business segments, said chairperson Sanjeev Krishan.
- PwC India’s assurance, tax, and advisory services are individually experiencing growth rates exceeding 20%, with the advisory segment leading the way. This reflects the success of the ‘new equation strategy’ set in August 2021.
IIT Madras Unveils Information Platform for Incubators
The Centre for Research on Startups and Risk Financing (CREST), an Institute of Eminence Research Centre at IIT Madras, announced the development of an exclusive information platform for incubators and accelerators.
- The information platform was developed in collaboration with YNOS, a startup incubated at IIT Madras.The platform is designed to centralize comprehensive information on incubators and accelerators across India.
- It addresses the challenge of scattered information, providing a single, easily accessible location for relevant data.
Novak Djokovic Wins Record Seventh ATP Finals Title
Novak Djokovic made history by securing his seventh ATP Finals title in Turin, Italy. The world number one defeated local favorite Jannik Sinner in a commanding fashion with a 6-3, 6-3 victory.
- This triumph places Djokovic ahead of the retired Roger Federer in ATP Finals victories, capping off a remarkable season that included three Grand Slam wins, bringing his total to a record-breaking 24 and claiming his 40th Masters 1000 titles.
- Jannik Sinner, bidding to become the first Italian to claim an ATP Finals crown, showed promise with an impressive group stage win over Djokovic. The 22-year-old’s performances throughout the tournament, including saving Djokovic from elimination in the group stage, highlight his growth over the past year.
Uttar Pradesh bags First Prize for Best State in Inland Fisheries
Uttar Pradesh, under the leadership of the Yogi Adityanath government, has secured a notable ‘Best State’ award for inland fisheries (plain areas).
- The state is set to receive this prestigious accolade at the two-day Global Fisheries Conference-2023 in Delhi. Cabinet Minister for Fisheries, Sanjay Nishad, announced this achievement, attributing it to the relentless efforts of the government to promote fisheries and elevate the income of fishermen.
Indira Gandhi Peace Prize for 2022 Presented to COVID-19 Warriors
The prestigious Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development for the year 2022 was jointly awarded to the Indian Medical Association (IMA) and Trained Nurses Association of India.
- Vice-President Hamid Ansari presented the honor to Dr. Sharad Kumar Agarwal, President of the IMA and Professor (Dr.) Roy K. George, President of the Trained Nurses Association of India.
- It consists of a monetary award of 25 lakh rupees along with a citation.The award is given to individuals or organisations that work towards ensuring international peace and development, ensuring that scientific discoveries are used to further the scope of freedom and better humanity, and creating a new international economic order.
Madhuri Dixit Receives Award At 54th IFFI
In a glorious tribute to the legendary actress, Madhuri Dixit, the 54th International Film Festival of India honoured her with ‘Special Recognition for Contribution to Bharatiya Cinema’ Award.This award was announced the award at the inaugural function of 54th IFFI held at Panaji, Goa.
- A lead actress in Hindi movies of 1980s, 90s and early 2000s, Madhuri Dixit received six Filmfare Awards and had been nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress a record fourteen times. Dixit made her film debut in ‘Abodh (1984) and received wider public recognition with Tezaab (1988). In 2014 she was appointed the UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in India.