Daily Current Affairs 24 June 2023 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Amit Shah lays foundation stone of ‘Balidan Stambh’ in Srinagar
Union Home Minister Amit Shah has inaugurated the construction of the ‘Balidan Stambh’ in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir.
- The memorial, a project under the Srinagar Smart City, is a tribute to the martyrs’ who sacrificed their lives for the nation.
Telangana CM inaugurates Medha Rail Coach Factory in Hyderabad
Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao inaugurated Medha Rail Coach Factory, the largest private coach factory in India, at Kondakal in Shankarpally mandal of Rangareddy district.
- On behalf of the State government, he assured complete support to Medha Servo Group for its expansion in Telangana and was confident that it would create massive employment opportunities for the local youth.
BANKING & FINANCE
Lloyds Bank sets up tech centre in Hyderabad
Lloyds Banking Group, one of the leading financial services organizations in the UK, has announced its plans to establish a technology centre in Hyderabad, India.
- The centre aims to enhance the group’s digital capabilities and will be operational by the end of 2023.
Paytm partners with Arunachal Pradesh to foster Startup Ecosystem
Paytm Payment Services Limited (PPSL) entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Arunachal Pradesh Innovation and Investment Park (APIIP) to establish a thriving startup ecosystem for the youth in the northeastern state.
- According to the MoU, Paytm Incubation Centre will provide its product to early-stage startups at a discounted price and offer free credits through the Paytm Startup toolkit to aid the business ventures of youths in their early stage of growth.
BUSINESS & ECONOM0Y
DRDO and L&T tie-up for AIP System in Indian Navy
Larsen & Toubro and the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) signed a contract for realisation of two Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) System Modules for Kalvari Class of submarines of the Indian Navy.
- The AIP Modules have been indigeneously developed by Naval Materials Research Laboratory (NMRL) wing of DRDO with L&T as its industry partner. L&T, however, is the recipient of Transfer of Technology (ToT) for this DRDO developed AIP System.
- The manufacturing, integration and factory acceptance trials of the Energy Modules will be undertaken in L&T’s AM Naik Heavy Engineering Complex at Surat.
Railways signs pact with US agency to boost clean energy solutions
The Ministry of Railways announced that Indian Railways has signed an agreement with a US federal government agency for collaboration on renewable energy and energy efficiency to achieve net zero carbon emission by 2030.
- It aims to incorporate clean energy sources into Indian Railways‘ operations. The parties involved will work together to develop an energy efficiency policy and action plan specifically tailored for Indian Railways’ buildings.
Apple to launch its credit card in India
Technology giant Apple is gearing up to launch its own credit card in India. The iPhone maker’s chief executive officer (CEO) Tim Cook recently met HDFC Bank CEO and managing director Sashidhar Jagdishan during his recent trip to India in April.
- The technology giant is also holding discussions with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to possibly launch Apple Pay in the country.
- The Cupertino-based tech giant had also held discussions with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on the modalities of the card.
India’s TCS expands partnership with UK’s largest pension scheme in $1.1bn deal
IT giant Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) and the UK’s largest workplace pension scheme, Nest expanded their long-standing partnership to focus on digitally transforming Nest’s scheme administration services, delivering enhanced member experiences and furthering the scheme’s mission of delivering better retirement outcomes for people across the United Kingdom.
- TCS said, “We wish to inform that the contract value was signed for £840 ($1.1 billion) million with an initial tenure of 10 years. The total maximum estimated value of the contract, if extended to the entirety of its eighteen-year tenure, will be £1.5 billion.”
Cristiano Ronaldo sets Guinness World Record to make 200 International Caps
Cristiano Ronaldo has received a Guinness World Record after reaching 200 international caps for Portugal. The 38-year-old has broken another record and is the most-capped player in international football.
- The legendary forward is making his 200th appearance for A Selecao das Quinas in their Euro 2024 qualifier against Iceland.
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s achievement has been recognized by the Guinness Book of Records. The Portugal captain was presented with a certificate for his accomplishment before his nation’s clash against Iceland.
NTPC recognised as the “Most Preferred Workplace of 2023-24” organised by Team Marksmen
NTPC Ltd., the country’s largest power generator, has been honored with the prestigious title of “Most Preferred Workplace of 2023-24” organized by Team Marksmen.
- The award recognizes NTPC’s exceptional performance in various key areas, including Organizational Purpose, Employee Centricity, Growth, Recognition & Rewards, Intrapreneurial Culture, Work-life Balance, Diversity, Equality & Inclusion, Safety, and Trust.