Daily Current Affairs 24 May 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Fourth edition of Indian Navy-Bangladesh Navy Coordinated Patrol CORPAT commences in Northern Bay of Bengal
The fourth edition of the Indian Navy-Bangladesh Navy Coordinated Patrol CORPAT commenced in the Northern Bay of Bengal.
- Indian Navy and Bangladesh Navy units will undertake joint patrolling along the International Maritime Boundary Line IMBL. The last IN-BN CORPAT was conducted in October 2020.
- Two indigenously built IN Ships – Kora, a guided-missile corvette and Sumedha, an offshore patrol vessel are participating in the exercise along with Bangladesh Navy Ships BNS Ali Haider and BNS Abu Ubaidah. In addition, Maritime Patrol Aircraft of both navies would also be participating in the Coordinated Patrol.
India signs fertilizer pacts with Jordan
The Indian government has signed key fertilizer pacts with Jordan as supplies, and prices of the key the agriculture commodity get impacted due to the Russia-Ukraine conflict.
- A high-level group led by Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya visited Jordan in a first-of-its-kind endeavor with the goal of securing fertilizers and raw materials for the short and long term.
- The visit took place against the backdrop of the current global fertilizer crisis. Dr. Mandaviya noted that the Jordan visit was historic in terms of assuring India’s supply of phosphoric and potassium fertilizers.
Manchester City crowned 2021/22 Premier League champions
Manchester City have officially been crowned champions of the 2021-22 Premier League after defeating Aston Villa 3-2.
- After a dramatic day, Manchester City, who knew a win would secure the title, managed to come back from being 2-0 down against Aston Villa at the Etihad.
Indian teenager R Praggnanandhaa beats Magnus Carlsen for 2nd time in 2022
Indian GM Praggnanandhaa posted his second win over world champion Magnus Carlsen in 3 months when he stunned the Norwegian at the Chessable Masters online rapid chess tournament.
- 16-year-old Praggnanandha beat Magnus Carlsen for the first time in February at Airthings Masters, an online rapid chess tournament.
Red Bull’s Max Verstappen wins F1 Spanish Grand Prix
Formula One world champion Max Verstappen won the Spanish Grand Prix in a Red Bull one-two to take over at the top from Ferrari’s luckless Charles Leclerc, who retired with an engine failure while leading.
- Mexican Sergio Perez finished a dutiful second, 13 seconds behind but with the consolation of a bonus point for fastest lap, after being told to let his team mate pass for a third victory in a row after Imola and Miami.
Jose Ramos-Horta sworn in as East Timor’s president
Former independence fighter and Nobel Peace Prize laureate, Jose Ramos-Horta has been sworn in as president of East Timor (Timor-Leste) ahead of celebrations marking the 20th anniversary of independence for Asia’s youngest country.
- He defeated incumbent Francisco “Lu Olo” Guterres, his fellow independence fighter, in the election. Ramos-Horta was prime minister from 2006 to 2007 and president from 2007 to 2012.
- East Timor is marking the 20th anniversary of independence for Asia’s youngest country
Khadi commission head Vinai Kumar Saxena is Delhi’s new Lieutenant Governor
Vinai Kumar Saxena will be the new lieutenant governor of Delhi, with effect from the date he assumes charge of his duties, President Ram Nath Kovind’s office announced.
- The President of India has accepted the resignation of Anil Baijal as Lt. Governor National Capital Territory of Delhi.
10-year-old girl from Maharashtra summits Everest base camp
A little 10-year-old champion skater from Worli, Rhythm Mamania, has become one of the youngest Indian mountaineers to summit the Everest Base Camp (EBC) in the Himalayan ranges in Nepal.
- She has joined young Indian climbers to climb the base camp. Rhythm has achieved a rare feat by completing the climb to the base camp at an altitude of 5,364 meters in 11 days.
- Rhythm had no coach or formal training, and would practise by running up and down the long flight of steps near Shastri Garden.
Anjali Pandey of Cummins India bags the CII EXCON Committed Leader Award
Anjali Pandey, Engines and Components Business Unit Leader at Cummins India has been awarded with the Committed Leader Award at CII EXCON 2022 in Bengaluru for her efforts to create a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
- The company has taken active measures to increase its female representation resulting in an increase in gender diversity ratio from 5 to 32 per cent over the last two decades, which is a significant achievement for a manufacturing organization.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh launches Single National Portal for Biotech researchers and Start-Ups
In keeping with the spirit of “One Nation,One Portal”, Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh launched Single National Portal for Biotech researchers and Start-ups.
- The Portal “BioRRAP” will cater to all those seeking regulatory approval for biological research & development activity in the country and thus offer a huge relief for “Ease of Science as well as Ease of Business.