Daily Current Affairs 24 November for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Telangana Unveils the World’s First 3D-Printed Temple
Telangana has unveiled the world’s first 3D-printed temple, a groundbreaking structure situated in Burugupally, Siddipet district. Built by Hyderabad-based Apsuja Infratech in collaboration with Simpliforge Creations, the unique structure took about three months to 3D print.
- This innovative construction, achieved through a three-month 3D printing process, marks a significant technological milestone.
- The temple spans 4,000 square feet and stands at a height of 35.5 feet. It comprises three distinct parts, each dedicated to a different deity.
- Modak for Lord Ganesha: This sanctuary is shaped like a modak, a sweet dish that is traditionally offered to Lord Ganesha.
President of India Launches ‘New Education for New India’ Campaign in Odisha
The President of India, Smt Droupadi Murmu launched an Education Campaign ‘New Education for New India’ of Brahma Kumaris, Sambalpur at Sambalpur, Odisha. This campaign is envisaged to inculcate values and uplift the consciousness of the students for better society.
- The primary objective of this campaign is to imbue students with moral values, thereby playing a pivotal role in the creation of a more enlightened and ethical society.
CM Sangma launches Water Smart Kids Meghalaya School campaign
Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma launched the “Water Smart Kids Meghalaya” school campaign, a significant initiative under the Jal Jeevan Mission of the Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- The campaign’s primary goal is to inspire action and educate children on water conservation and the protection of the state’s water bodies, intending to cultivate them into Water Conservation Ambassadors within their communities.
ASEAN-India Millet Festival 2023 kick starts at the Kota Kasablanka Mall, a prominent shopping destination in South Jakarta, Indonesia
The Indian Mission to ASEAN in collaboration with Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare is organizing the ASEAN-India Millet Festival 2023, in Indonesia. The inaugural session of the festival took place in the Kota Kasablanka Mall, a prominent shopping destination in South Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Aligned with the International Year of Millets (IYM) celebrations, an aim of this festival is to raise awareness and create a market for millets and millets-based products among the ASEAN Member states i.e. Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
- The exhibition will also feature five Indian FPOs, namely Citi Block FPC, Jewargi Taluka Millets FPC, Bhumitrajalalpur, Vaam Agro, and Lambasingi Tribal Products FPC, and two start-ups namely Taru Naturals and Sattva Millets and Food Products (Mibbles) exhibiting unique millet-added products such as millet cookies, namkeen, khakhra, cakes, and more.
Indian Army Heads To Australia For Joint Military Exercise AUSTRAHIND-23
The Indian Armed Forces contingent comprising of 81 personnel departed for Australia to take part in the second edition of Joint Military Exercise AUSTRAHIND-23. The exercise will be conducted at Perth, Australia from 22nd November to 06th December 2023.
- Exercise AUSTRAHIND was instituted in 2022 and the first edition was conducted in Mahajan, Rajasthan. It is planned to be an annual training event to be conducted alternatively in India and Australia.Aim of the exercise is to foster collaborative partnership and share best practices between the two sides.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
TCS Claims Top Spot In Customer Satisfaction Among IT And Cloud Services Providers In Spain
Indian IT giant Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has achieved remarkable success in Spain, securing the number one position in service delivery quality and commercial competitiveness, according to an independent survey conducted by Whitelane Research.
- The survey, which encompassed insights from 285 CXOs of leading IT spending organizations, assessed 28 top IT service providers based on a comprehensive investigation of over 875 unique IT sourcing relationships and more than 1,050 cloud sourcing relationships.
Marlon Samuels, Former West Indies Player, Receives 6-year Ban
Marlon Samuels, the former West Indies batter, was handed a six-year ban from all forms of cricket by the International Cricket Council (ICC).
- The ban was imposed due to his failure to disclose benefits received during the Abu Dhabi T10 league, actions that could have brought the sport into disrepute, concealing information, and non-cooperation with the investigation officer.
Anahat Singh Becomes Second Youngest to Win National Squash Championship Title
In a remarkable turn of events at the Senior National Squash Championships 2023, 15-year-old Anahat Singh scripted history by becoming the second youngest title winner in the tournament’s prestigious history.
- The young prodigy faced off against Tanvi Khanna in the final, where Khanna was unfortunately forced to retire midway through the match due to a knee injury. Anahat’s victory marked a historic moment, as she triumphed against her opponent who is 12 years her senior.
Max Verstappen won the Las Vegas Grand Prix 2023
Max Verstappen emerged on top at the end of an action-packed Las Vegas Grand Prix, beating Ferrari rival Charles Leclerc and Red Bull teammate Sergio Perez. Max Emilian Verstappen is a Belgian and Dutch racing driver and the 2021, 2022, and 2023 Formula One World Champion.
- Ferrari’s Leclerc passed Sergio Perez on the final lap to clinch second place, while British star Lando Norris ended up in hospital after a third-lap 180mph crash. Lewis Hamilton finished seventh.
Ishwak Singh Won Best Actor Award At Stars Asian International Film Festival
Ishwak Singh won the Best Actor award at the Stars Asian International Film Festival (SAIFF) for his performance in the film ‘Berlin,’ serving as a testament to the universal appeal of his work and highlighting not only his exceptional talent but also his dedication to his craft.
- The film, which was screened at the festival, has been making waves for its gripping narrative and the transformative portrayal of its characters.
- Berlin, a compelling thriller written and directed by Atul Sabharwal delivers an immersive experience where espionage, trust, and the blurred lines between innocence and guilt take centre stage.