Daily Current Affairs 3 March 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Ujjain enters Guinness Book for lighting more than 11 lakh diyas on Mahashivratri
In Madhya Pradesh, Ujjain entered Guinness Book of World Records for lighting more than 11 lakh earthen lamps simultaneously on the occasion of Mahashivratri.
- It broke the record of 9 lakh 41 thousand lamps lit in Ayodhya last November.
- The event was performed in zero waste format. The clay from the lamps will be used to prepare idols, while the oil left in the lamps will be offered to gaushalas.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M K Stalin launched an ambitious skill development scheme for students in the state, with the initiative aimed at honing the educational skills, knowledge, talent and efficiency of 10 lakh youth annually.
- Titled ‘Naan Muthalvan’ (I am first), this was his dream scheme, Stalin said, even as its launch coincided with his birthday.
- ‘Muthalvan’ also roughly translates to chief minister.
- The aim of the scheme was to make all students and youth stand out in the spheres of education, research, thought, action and talent, he said, adding, it will bridge the talent gap in the employment market as well.
The Assam government has declared the entire state as “Disturbed Area” for up to six months.
- A press release issued in Guwahati said that the order came into effect on 28th of February and will stay in effect unless otherwise withdrawn by the state government. The declaration has been made as per powers conferred under Section 3 of the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act, 1958.
US space agency, NASA, successfully launched the third in a series of four next-generation weather satellites, Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite (GOES), from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida. The satellite is named as GOES-T.
- Once the satellite gets positioned in its geostationary orbit it will be renamed from GOES-T to GOES-18. GOES-T will be used by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) to forecast weather and hazardous environmental conditions in the Western Hemisphere.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Finance Ministry said that more than one lakh 33 thousand crore rupees Gross GST Revenue was collected during the month of February 2022.
- It said that the collection of revenues for the month of February this year is 18 percent higher than the GST revenues in the same month last year and 26 percent higher than the GST revenues in February 2020.
- The ministry said that the GST collection has crossed one lakh 30 thousand crore mark for the fifth time so far.
Ambit Finvest has signed a co-lending agreement with Union Bank of India (UBI) for lending to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) customers. Ambit Finvest is the non-deposit taking Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) of the Ambit Group.
- This tie-up will enable underwriting for enterprises in 11 states that are currently covered by Ambit Finvest.
Google has partnered with the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) Startup Hub to help 100 Indian startups build high-quality global apps and games.
- The US-based company has announced the Appscale Academy Class of 2022 that will train these startups on UX design, business model and monetization strategies, international expansion best practices, and data safety and security practices, as part of the 6-month program.
The number of ultra-high-net-worth-individuals (UHNWIs) has globally increased by 9.3% in 2021. Over 51,000 people have seen their net assets increased to US$30m or more. In India, the number of UHNWIs (net assets with US$ 30m or more) has grown by 11% YoY in 2021, the highest percentage growth in APAC, according to Knight Frank’s latest edition of The Wealth Report 2022.
- Amongst key Indian cities, Bengaluru witnessed the highest growth in the number of UHNWIs with 17.1% to 352 followed by Delhi with 12.4% to 210 and Mumbai with 9% to 1596 in 2021.
- USA tops the list of countries with most number of billionaires in 2021. It is followed by Chinese Mainland, India, Germany and Russia.
David Munoz scored a brace as Sreenidi Deccan FC beat TRAU FC 3-1 to notch up their maiden win in the I-League in Naihati (West Bengal).
- Munoz scored in the second and 41st minutes while Louis Ugochukwu Ogana (30th) struck in between for Sreenidi Deccan. Akobir Turaev (33rd) scored a consolation goal for TRAU.
Indian boxers Nikhat Zareen (52kg) and Nitu (48kg) struck gold at the 73rd Strandja Memorial Tournament in Sofia, Bulgaria by notching up thoroughly comprehensive victories in their respective finals.
- Nitu, cometing for the first time in the event, prevailed 5-0 over Italy’s Erika Prisciandaro, a former youth world championship bronze-medallist. Zareen, on the other hand, outpunched Ukraine’s Tetiana Kob, a three-time European Championships medallist 4-1.
LIC Mutual Fund announced T S Ramakrishnan as its Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer. Ramakrishnan took charge from March 1, 2022. In his position, Ramakrishnan will succeed Dinesh Pangtey, its former Wholetime Director and CEO.
- LIC Mutual Fund is one of the oldest and leading mutual fund operating in India. offer a complete basket of 26 products covering debt, equity, hybrid, passive and solution-oriented schemes. The Average Assets under Management (AAuM) is Rs 18,625.52 crores as on January 31, 2022.
Film production and distribution company Yash Raj Films has named Akshaye Widhani as chief executive officer. Widhani was serving as senior vice-president, finance and business Affairs and head of operations at YRF Studios.
- Widhani who joined YRF 17 years ago, has been responsible for setting up and running several business verticals for the company.