Daily Current Affairs 3 November 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Goa hosts Civil Air Navigation Services Organisation Asia Pacific Conference
Goa hosted the three day Civil Air Navigation Services Organisation (CANSO) Conference from 1st to 3rd November 2022. “Think Global, Collaborate Regional, Accomplish Local” is the theme of this year’s conference.
- Across the three days, delegates and exhibitors from the Asia Pacific region andbeyond will be discussing and collaborating on the key issues that will help shape the future of Asia’s aviation industry and turn the Complete Air Traffic System(CATS) Global Council’s vision for the skies of 2045 into a reality.
- Conference also covers digitalisation and automation as key enablers in delivering CANSO’s vision for future skies. Delegates will also be able to view first-hand some of the cutting-edge technology that will help modernise Air Traffic Management in the region.
Arunachal Pradesh to get Northeast’s First Fish Museum
A fish museum, the first of its kind in the Northeast, would soon be built in Arunachal Pradesh, Fisheries Minister Tage Taki said. An amount of Rs 43.59 crore was sanctioned for the project in the current financial year as first installment,
- The museum would be a part of the Integrated Aqua Park (IAP), sanctioned by the Union Ministry of Fisheries.
- The existing Tarin Fish Farm (TFF), located at high-altitude Bulla village, would be upgraded as the IAP where the museum would come up. It will have all fish species of the state and serve as a training centre for fisherfolks.
Government approved Electronics Manufacturing Cluster at Ranjangaon
As part of its objective to strengthen the electronics manufacturing ecosystem in India, the Ministry of Electronics and IT has approved the greenfield Electronics Manufacturing Cluster (EMC) with the project cost of Rs 492.85 crores to be set up in Ranjangaon Phase III, near Pune in Maharashtra.
- the EMC at Ranjangaon, Pune will catalyse investments to the tune of over Rs. 2000 crore in the near future & generate employment for over 5,000 people.
- The Ministry also announced that the Ministry of Electronics and IT plans to give a boost to the 1000 Crore Semicon India Future Design programme to support Semiconductor Design Startups in the state and shall soon visit Maharashtra for a roadshow. He informed that C-DAC, Pune shall be the nodal office for this purpose
Ghana to assume Presidency of UN Security Council
West African country, Ghana assumes the rotating monthly Presidency of the United Nations Security Council. During the month of November 2022, Ghana shall preside over the meetings of the Council (adoptions, debates and consultations) and, under its authority, shall represent the Security Council in its capacity as an organ of the United Nations.
- Ghana rejoined the UN Security Council on January 1, 2022. It is the third time Ghana is holding a nonpermanent seat on the Council.
- Ghana was first given the opportunity to serve on the council from 1962 to 1963, and was back for the period of January 2006 – December 2007.
India Donates USD 2.5 million to Support Education, Healthcare of Palestinian Refugees
India presented the second tranche of aid of USD 2.5 million to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) for the financial year 2022-2023.
- India has given USD 22.5 million to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) since 2018. UNRWA is a UN agency that supports the relief and human development of Palestinian Refugees.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
GST collection over Rs 1.51 Trillion in October
The government collected Rs 1.52 trillion as goods and services tax (GST) in October, a 16.6 per cent rise year-on-year, driven by festival-related spending, higher tax rates, and better compliance.
- This was the second-highest monthly collection since the implementation of the indirect tax regime in July 2017. GST collection touched a record high of Rs 1.67 trillion in April.
- Of the total gross GST mop-up in October, central GST (CGST) was Rs 26,039 crore, state GST (SGST) Rs 33,396 crore, integrated GST (IGST) Rs 81,778 crore (including Rs 37,297 crore collected on import of goods), and cess was Rs 10,505 crore (including Rs 825 crore collected on import of goods), according to the provisional data released by the finance ministry.
Tata Steel Jamshedpur India’s first to achieve Responsible Steel Certification
Tata Steel has received ResponsibleSteel certification for three of its production facilities in Jamshedpur. The steel works, tubes division and cold rolling mill (Bara) have joined the group of other steel producing sites around the world with the certification.
- ResponsibleSteel is the steel industry’s first global multi-stakeholder standard and certification initiative that works with steel producers, consumers, and intermediaries towards building a sustainable steel industry by addressing pressing challenges including climate change, diversity, human rights and more.
First Woman Director Dr G Hemaprabha takes charge at ICAR-SBI
ICAR-Sugarcane Breeding Institute has got its first ever woman director in over a century of the institution’s existence.
- Dr G Hemaprabha was appointed Director of the institute up to 2024 on the recommendations of the Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board, New Delhi, under the Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, an official release said.
- Hemaprabha is the first woman director of the 111-year-old institution and at present, ‘Co’ (Coimbatore) varieties developed at the institute occupy over 78 per cent of the area under sugarcane cultivation in the country. With over 34 years of research experience in sugarcane genetic improvement. she has so far developed 27 sugarcane varieties and registered 15 sugarcane genetic stocks.
Puneeth Rajkumar conferred ‘Karnataka Ratna’ Posthumously
The Karnataka government posthumously conferred the state’s highest civilian award, the ‘Karnataka Ratna’, on late actor Puneeth Rajkumar on the occasion of the 67th Kannada Rajyotsava.
- The award, consisting a full silver plaque and a 50-gram gold medal, was received by the late actor’s wife Ashwini Puneeth Rajkumar, in the presence of his actor brother Shiva Rajkumar and other family members.
- Puneeth, fondly called “Appu” by his fans and film fraternity, passed away on October 29, 2021, at the age of 46. He made his debut on screen when he was just six months old and went on to win a national award for his performance in the film Bettada Hoovu.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
French Author Rene Naba releases new book “Nuclearization Of Asia”
French author Rene Naba has released his latest book on the nuclear emergency and threat posed by the nexus of Pakistan and China to South Asia, and the world at large.
- The book on the “Nuclearization of Asia” was released at the Geneva Press Club, which saw the in-person participation of 35 persons. Twenty-three people participated via virtual mode.