Data Interpretation Questions (DI) for IBPS PO 2017, IBPS PO, NIACL, NICL, SBI PO RBI Grade B, Dena Bank PO PGDBF, BOI, Bank of Baroda and other competitive exams.
Direction (1-4): Study the following information and answer the questions that follow:
Five friends A, B, C, D and E completed a work together. The table below shows the percentage of work done by each member and the number of days for which they worked. Using the data given in the table answer the questions that follow. Some fields are missing you have to find these missing values and then answer the question.
- In how many days will A and E complete the whole work together?
A) 8 days
B) 8.5 days
C) 7 days
D) 7.5 days
E) 9 days
- B and D have worked for the same number of days when A, B, C, D and E worked together to finish the complete work. When only B and D work together they are able to 10 days. In how many days C and D do the whole work together?
A) 10 days
B) 12 days
C) 14 days
D) 15 days
E) 16 days
- Z takes 10 more days to complete the whole work than what C takes to complete the whole work alone. If Z works at half his efficiency for 20 days, for how many days should E work to complete the remaining work?
A) 10 days
B) 15 days
C) 18 days
D) 20 days
E) 25 days
- If D worked for 2 more days than E when A, B, C, D, and E worked together. In how many days will D and Z together complete the work when Z is twice as efficient as E.
A) 6 days
B) 8 days
C) 10 days
D) 12 days
E) 15 days
Direction (5-8): Study the following information and answer the questions that follow:
A country X has five states A, B, C, D and E. The population distribution of these states is given in the graph below. The population distribution of cities F, G, H and I that are located in state A and cities J, K and L that are located in state B is also given. Using the given data answer the questions that follow.
- If the number of people living in city L is 11,000. Find the population of state E.
- If the number of people living in city J is more than number of people living in city F by 3,080 then find by what number is the population of state D more than the population of state C.
E) Cannot be determined
- The population of city K is 100% greater than the population of city G. Find the total population of city H, I, J and K together.
D) Cannot be determined
- If the difference between the population of state C and city K is 9300. Find the total population of city J and L
Direction (9-10): Study the following information and answer the questions that follow:
There are three cars A, B and C with different maximum speed. The minimum speed of these cars is 0 kmph and the maximum speed is marked in the speedometer of these cars. Rest of the speeds are marked at equal intervals in the speedometer. The table below shows the maximum speed of the car and the number of points marked in the speedometer of the car. The first point in the speedometer represents Speed of 0 kmph and the last point represents the maximum speed.
(Example: If the maximum soeed of the car is 100 kmph and there are 11 points marked in the speedometer then each point represents an increase of 10kmph with 1st point as 0 kmph).
- What is the difference in time taken by Car A to cover 80 Km when it moves at a constant speed and the pointer of the speedometer throughout the journey points at the 5th position (5th point) and the time taken by Car C to cover 100 km when moving at a constant speed with the pointer of the speedometer pointing at point 7?
A) 20 minutes
B) 40 minutes
C) 50 minutes
D) 30 minutes
E) 1 hour
- Car B has to cover a distance of 210 km in 3 hours. It travels for some distance at a constant speed of 60 kmph for 90 miniutes. At what position will the pointer of the speedometer point throughout the second part of the journey if the car B travels at a constant speed and reaches the destination on time.