Data Interpretation Questions (DI) for IBPS PO 2017, IBPS PO, NIACL, NICL, SBI PO RBI Grade B, Dena Bank PO PGDBF, BOI, Bank of Baroda and other competitive exams.
Direction (1-4): Study the following information and answer the questions that follow:
Five friends A, B, C, D and E completed a work together. The table below shows the percentage of work done by each member and the number of days for which they worked. Using the data given in the table answer the questions that follow. Some fields are missing you have to find these missing values and then answer the question.
- In how many days will A and E complete the whole work together?
A) 8 days
B) 8.5 days
C) 7 days
D) 7.5 days
E) 9 days
- B and D have worked for the same number of days when A, B, C, D and E worked together to finish the complete work. When only B and D work together they are able to 10 days. In how many days C and D do the whole work together?
A) 10 days
B) 12 days
C) 14 days
D) 15 days
E) 16 days
- Z takes 10 more days to complete the whole work than what C takes to complete the whole work alone. If Z works at half his efficiency for 20 days, for how many days should E work to complete the remaining work?
A) 10 days
B) 15 days
C) 18 days
D) 20 days
E) 25 days
- If D worked for 2 more days than E when A, B, C, D, and E worked together. In how many days will D and Z together complete the work when Z is twice as efficient as E.
A) 6 days
B) 8 days
C) 10 days
D) 12 days
E) 15 days
Direction (5-8): Study the following information and answer the questions that follow:
A country X has five states A, B, C, D and E. The population distribution of these states is given in the graph below. The population distribution of cities F, G, H and I that are located in state A and cities J, K and L that are located in state B is also given. Using the given data answer the questions that follow.
- If the number of people living in city L is 11,000. Find the population of state E.
- If the number of people living in city J is more than number of people living in city F by 3,080 then find by what number is the population of state D more than the population of state C.
E) Cannot be determined
- The population of city K is 100% greater than the population of city G. Find the total population of city H, I, J and K together.
D) Cannot be determined
- If the difference between the population of state C and city K is 9300. Find the total population of city J and L
Direction (9-10): Study the following information and answer the questions that follow:
There are three cars A, B and C with different maximum speed. The minimum speed of these cars is 0 kmph and the maximum speed is marked in the speedometer of these cars. Rest of the speeds are marked at equal intervals in the speedometer. The table below shows the maximum speed of the car and the number of points marked in the speedometer of the car. The first point in the speedometer represents Speed of 0 kmph and the last point represents the maximum speed.
(Example: If the maximum soeed of the car is 100 kmph and there are 11 points marked in the speedometer then each point represents an increase of 10kmph with 1st point as 0 kmph).
- What is the difference in time taken by Car A to cover 80 Km when it moves at a constant speed and the pointer of the speedometer throughout the journey points at the 5th position (5th point) and the time taken by Car C to cover 100 km when moving at a constant speed with the pointer of the speedometer pointing at point 7?
A) 20 minutes
B) 40 minutes
C) 50 minutes
D) 30 minutes
E) 1 hour
- Car B has to cover a distance of 210 km in 3 hours. It travels for some distance at a constant speed of 60 kmph for 90 miniutes. At what position will the pointer of the speedometer point throughout the second part of the journey if the car B travels at a constant speed and reaches the destination on time.
Click here for more Data Interpretation Sets
40 Thoughts to “Quantitative Aptitude: Data Interpretation Questions Set 39”
but these are very tough how to solve faster 🙁
first focus on solving;; if you are able to solve it then its good,, then keep on practicing, your speed will get improved automatically.
Diff D&E it is 16
it is diff. not take ratio
16/100 is right
Naah because 176000 equal to 25%
and D & E diff 16
nahi dear 176000 are total no. of population of state
x=176000 which means total no. of population
hence diff asked get it 16/100*176000=ans
Oh Haan you’re right
176000 total population h
yes necessary changes made
Time difference= 80/40 *60 -100/60*20 =120-100=20 minutes
how (100/60*20) will come?
100 – distance
60 – speed
20 – ????
ma’am please help
Time has been multiplied by 60 to convert it into minutes
= 80/40 *60 – 100/60 *60
please elaborate Q 10
see once more,, a line was missed while typing..edited
in que 10 how average taken 70km/hr it is total speed??
see ques 10 again;; edited now
refresh once more for the edited answer of Ques 10
arre mtlab 210km ko 3hr mein done karna ab 210/3=70km
ab ye step karo ya na karo , koi fayda nahi
@TheSDixit:disqus comment post nahiho raha
@surajskt:disqus sir correct hai que 10 thx sir
sir speedometer mn 16 points means?????
for which car? A or B?
For A it is the maximum speed i.e 150 kmph
For B 16th point means- first remove the 1st pointer i.e the pointer with speed 0 from this 16 i.e remaining pointer showing actual speed= 15
so speed at pointer 16= 15* 180/(37-1)= 75 kmph
sir @surajskt:disqus in question no 5..in explanation u hv written 16*11000..sir it should be 25*11000..plz check..
25/100 * 25/100 * x = 11000
1/4 * 1/4 * x = 11000
So x = 11000 × 16
bt why two times 25/100
because city L is in State B
when total population = x
then state B= 25/100 x
and hence city L= 25% of this 25/100 x
ty sir ji
8/10..sir Q9 me C ya B?B lene se 80min aa rha h
Yes it should be C
Good DI sets, especially 9 nd 10 loved it!
In question no. 7 why we can’t use previous question data ?? If we, then it can be answered.
If it is mentionedn Q to use previous Q’s data, then only you can use. Otherwise not
Thanks for giving your ideas listed here. The other factor is that when a problem takes place with a laptop or computer motherboard, people today should not take the risk regarding repairing that themselves because if it is not done correctly it can lead to permanent damage to the entire laptop. It’s usually safe to approach any dealer of your laptop for that repair of that motherboard. They have technicians with an competence in dealing with laptop computer motherboard issues and can make right prognosis and accomplish repairs.
Great work! This is the type of info that should be shared around the net. Shame on Google for not positioning this post higher! Come on over and visit my site . Thanks =)
Excellent web site. Plenty of useful information here. I?m sending it to a few friends ans also sharing in delicious. And obviously, thanks for your sweat!