Directions (1-10): In each of the following questions one sentence is given with a word in bold, choose the most similar meaning of that word and mark it as your answer.
- Brink :- France was on the brink of war after the vicious attacks on its citizens.
- Peevish :- Our maid quit because she said I had a peevish attitude and did not appreciate her hard work
- Rigorous :- With rigorous commitment to his studies, the student was able to pass with an A.
- Hermit :- Living alone as a hermit allowed the man to focus on God.
E) None of these
- Cajole :- Using dry tuna, I was able to cajole the kitten out of the corner.
- Espionage:- Espionage is a secret way of finding out what your enemy doesn’t want you to know.
- Niggard :- Nature has been niggard of rain but lavish in soil and sun.
- Diabolical :- A devilish and cunning plan to take over the world is an example of a diabolical plan.
- Trepidation :- Any initial trepidation you may have had about your ability to inspire a class will have been banished.
- Vivacious :- Vivacious actresses typically get picked for comedic roles where the characters are very active by running around.