- P1 and P2 are the two pockets were made by mixing chilli powder and turmeric powder in the ratio 3:5 and 5:9 respectively.If 60 grams of P1 and x grams of P2 are mixed to get pocket P3, then fid out the value of x , if the ratio of chilli and turmeric in the new pocket P3 is 35:61?
In x gram of P2
chilli = 5x/14
in 60 gm in P1
chilli=60 * 3/8= 45/2
and =>(45/2 +5x/14) / (75/2+9x/14) = 35/61
- Rakesh bought a loan Rs.3,00,000 in a newyear scheme which gives r% per annum at Compound interest and this scheme doubles the loan in 72/r years which is double of the rate of interest given by the scheme.Find the total amount paid by Rakesh at the end of 48 years?
given 72/r= 2r
So the loan amount double in 12 years.
=>6,00, 000= 3,00,000 ( 1+ r/100 ) ^12
=>1+ r/ 100 ) ^ 12= 2
So required loan amount to pay = 3,00,000 ( 1+ r/100 ) ^ 48 = 3,00,000 *2^ 4 = Rs. 48,00,000
- karthik and kathir’s current age is 7: 5 and 3 years back their ages were 16:11. So what is the age of kathir after 5 years?
let their ages be 5x and 7x .
so 7x-3/5x-3 = 16/11
=> x= 5
Hence the age of kathir = 5* 5+ 5= 30 years
- Person 1 started a business y investing Rs. A after 4 months person 2 also joined with the investment of Rs. x+ 10,000. But the end of the year their profit are same. Then what is the amount invested by person 2?
investment x x+10,000
time 12 8
12x 8x+ 80,000
12x= 8x + 80,000
hence person 2 investment = 30,000
- An house is on sale is said to 50% above its original price. But after the seller gives discount and gets only 20% profit. Find the percentage of discount ?
let the original price of the house = 100x
Then said price= 100x * 150/100= 150x
discount% = 30x/150x * 100 = 20%
- If the sum of the speed of a boat upsteam and down stream is 36kmph and speed of the stream is 1/3 of the speed of the boat. Find the time taken to travel 108 km upstream and 96km downstream by the boat?
10 hrs11 hrs12hrs13hrs14hrsOption D
speed of boat =36/2= 18kmph
speed of stream = 1/3 * 18 = 6kmph
Time = 108/18-6 + 96/ 18+ 6
- Person A and Person B are 10 km apart. A can walk at an average speed of 2 km/hr and B at 3 km/h. If they start walking towards each other at 5:30 pm, when they will meet?
7:30 pm7:30 pm10:30 pm9:30 pm6:30 pmOption A
Suppose they will meet after T hours.
Distance = Speed x Time
Sum of distance traveled by them after T hours
3T + 2T = 10 km
T = 2 hours.
So they will meet at 5:30 pm + 2 hours = 7:30 pm
- Find the greatest possible length of scale which can be used to measure the iron bar 8m 3cm, 8m 34cm and 9m 30cm exactly.
Required measure of scale = HCF of 803, 834 and 930
= 62 cm
- A seller marked an article at Rs 500 and sold it allowing 20% discount. If his profit was 25%, then the cost price of the article was
∵ Marked price of an article = 500
∴ SP of an article = 500 x (100 – 20)/100
= (500 x 80)/100
Hence, cost price of an article = (400 x 100)/(100 + 25)
= (400 x 100)/125
- Kajal traveled 12000 km by plane1 which formed (1/5) of his trip. One-third of the whole trip he traveled by plane2 And the rest of the journey he performed by plane3. The distance traveled by plane3 was ?
20,000 km15,000 km18,000 km24,000 km28,000 kmOption E
Let the total distance be y km.
Then, 1y / 5 = 12000
⇒ y = (12000 x 5) /1= 60000 km.
Distance traveled by plane 2
= (1/3 X 60000) = 20,000 km.
Distance traveled by plane3
= [60000- (20000 + 12000) ] km.
= 28,000 km.