- A Man started his journey, he travelled 400 km, at the speed of 40 km/hr then he went to another 300 km, at the speed of 20 km/hr. Further he went 600 km, at the speed of 30 kmk/hr. The average speed of a Man is:
A) 28 8/9km/hr
B) 29 5/6km/hr
- A Bike travels the first 1/4 of a certain distance with speed of 10km/hr ,the second 1/4 distance with a speed of 20km/hr , the third 1/4 distance with a speed of 30km/hr and the last 1/4 distance with a speed of 40km /hr the average speed of the bike for whole journey is
- Four cards are drawn at random from a well-shuffled deck of cards. What is the probability of getting all the four cards of same terms?
- A Salesman charges sales tax of x% upto Rs.2,000 and above it he charges y%. A customer pays total tax of Rs 320, when he purchases the goods worth Rs. 6,000 and he pay’s the total tax of Rs. 680 for the goods worth Rs. 12,000. The value of x and y is:
- Two pipes A and B when working alone can fill a tank in 36 min. and 45 min. respectively. A waste pipe C can empty the tank in 30 min. First A and B are opened. After 7 min., C is also opened. In how much time (in mins) will the tank be full ?
- 3 small pumps and a large pump are filling a tank. Each of the three small pumps works at 2/3 rd the rate of the large pump. If all 4 pumps work at the same time, they should fill the tank in what fraction of the time that it would have taken the large pump alone?
- Sharma takes 5 hours to type 5 pages while Swetha takes 4 hours to type 80 pages. How much time will they take working together on different computer to type an assignment of 150 pages.
- If 12 mechanic working 4hours a day can repair 360 cars in 80 days, then no. Of cars repaired by 16 mechanic in 24 days each working 8hours in a day
- Two trains P and Q are separated by 220 km on a straight line. One train starts at 8 am from one station A towards B at 40 km/hr and another train starts from B towards A at 9 am at 60 km/hr. At what time will both train will meet?
- A and B are two partners and they have invested Rs. 54,000 and Rs. 90,000 in business. After one year A received Rs 1200 as his share of profit out of total profit of Rs. 4200 including his certain commission on total profit since he is a working partner and rest profit is received by B. What is the commission of A as a percentage of the total profit?