- Out of three numbers, the first is four times the second and is one third of the third. If the average of the three numbers is 221, what will be the second number?
Let 1st no be x.
- If A and B working separately can do a piece of work in 8 and 12 hours respectively. If they work alternatively every hour starting with A at 11 a.m., when will be the work completed?
A………. 8…… 3
B………. 12……. 2 ….. LCM=24
Alternate 2hrs 5 unit completed
9th hour=A complete 3 unit
Remaining 1/2hrs by B.
At 8.30pm the work completed.
- In how many different ways can the letters of the word ‘ALLOY’ be arranged?
No of ways=5!/
- 80% of a smaller number is 4 less than 40% of a larger number. The larger number is 85 greater than the smaller one. The sum of these two number is
Let the smaller number be x and larger number be y.
80% of x + 4 = 40% of y
4y – 8x = 40
y – 2x = 10 ——— (1)
y – x = 85 ———– (2)
x = 75
y = 160
x + y = 235.
- Two trains of equal lengths take 10 seconds and 15 seconds respectively to cross a post. If the length of each train be 120 metres, in what time will they cross each other travelling in opposite direction?
Speed of the first train = 120/10 = 12 m/sec.
Speed of the second train =120/15= 8 m/sec.
Relative speed = (12 + 8) = 20 m/sec.
Time =(120 + 120)/20 = 12 sec.
- A container contains 30 litres of milk. From this container 3 litres of milk was taken out and replaced by water. This process was repeated further two times. How much milk is now contained by the container?
Amount of milk left after 3 repeated process=[30(1-3/30)3] =30*9/10*9/10*9/10
- Ten identical particles are moving randomly inside a closed box. What is the probability that at any given point of time all the ten particles will be lying in the same half of the box?
Probability of a particle lying in any particular half=1/2
Probability of all 10 particles lying in either 1st half or 2nd half
- P is as much older than Q as he is younger than R. If the sum of the ages of Q and R is 60 years, what is the difference between R and P’s age?
202514Data InadequateNoneOption D
- Two trains starting at the same time from two stations 250 km apart and going in opposite directions cross each other at a distance of 140 km from one of the stations. The ratio of their speeds is
Let the speed of the train =xkm/hr and another tain=ykm/hr.
140/x : (250-140)/y
140/x : 110/y
- The percentage profit earned by selling an article for Rs. 2120 is equal to the percentage loss incurred by selling the same article for Rs. 1460. At what price should the article be sold to make 30% profit?
Profit %ge = loss %ge
Then CP 2120+1460=3580
130 .. ? ==>Rs2327.