Fill in the blanks for Competitive Exams Bank PO based in New Pattern
With the introduction of new pattern English questions in banking and insurance exams, it is very important to practice new type of questions in bulk. So everyday we will provide you with new pattern English questions based on questions asked in recent exams. Here are some new pattern English Fill in the blank questions.
In each of the following questions three statements are given with a missing word in each. You have to fill the blank of first two statements with the first word of the option and the blank of the third statement with the second word of the option provided.
- (i) The little boy forgot to deliver a newspaper to one of the houses on his ______ , so he had to go back after supper.
(ii) The gas company was able to _______ the pipeline under our flower garden without having to dig up our yard at all.
(iii) A quick punch to the throat will ________ most attackers.
A) way, depress
B) route, debilitate
C) lay, defeat
D) trail, submit
- (i) For a fee, most celebrities will ______ a product by pretending to like it.
(ii) The purpose of the brochure is to _____ the beauty of the small island nation.
(iii) The ________ of Sherlock Holmes is one of the most recognizable figures in English literature.
A) glorify, book
B) recognize, temper
C) exalt, character
D) demeanor, stroke
- (i) The promoters _________ the right to cancel the outdoor concert in the event of rain
(ii) Australia is the site of the world’s largest underground water _______.
(iii) The boss ______ him to send the report out as soon as it was completed.
A) reserve, instructed
B) holds, allowed
C) stores, advised
D) assigned, informed
- (i) The local newspaper now runs a regular _________ on environmental issues.
(ii) The swimming pool is an attractive _________ of the apartment complex.
(iii) Studies show that listening to music, especially rock music, is the preferred _______ activity of North Indian adolescents.
A) article, respite
B) feature, leisure
C) location, idle
D) column, liberty
- (i) A Danish proverb tells us that it is better to be a free bird than a _______ king.
(ii) The steel company opened a ______ power plant to fulfill its power needs.
(iii) The Prime Minister claimed the scandal was a minor affair and certainly didn’t ______ an investigative commission.
A) caged, attract
B) temporary, attend
C) captive, merit
D) directed, allow
- (i) The planet earth takes just over 365 days to complete its _______ around the sun.
(ii) The runner has been doing very well in the national track and field ________ and is expected to place in the top ten in next year’s Olympics.
(iii) Computers are able to process ________ amounts of data in mere seconds.
A) revolution, large
B) circuit, massive
C) event, vast
D) rotation, great
- (i) The family physician said he was afraid that surgery could ______ a heart attack.
(ii) The government has introduced a lower minimum wage for those starting their first jobs in an effort to _______ companies to hire more young people.
(iii) The press was given a/an _______ of the highlights of the speech ahead of time.
A) induce, outline
B) attract, prospect
C) draw, deadline
D) cover-up, digest
- (i) She likes to mix different _______, such as paint, plastic and sound in her art works.
(ii) Children’s interpretation of ________ content is molded by the opinions of parents, teachers, and friends.
(iii) Microsoft has become the ________ of the computer companies of the future.
A) material, path
B) information, sample
C) layouts, representation
D) media, paradigm
- (i) Some people seem to have this ________ in their heads that there is some shortcut you can take to learn a language quickly, and it simply isn’t true.
(ii) She had a ______ to ring her friend at work.
(iii) His failure was ________ , given his poor study habits.
A) approach, refrained
B) concept, unforseen
C) notion, predictable
D) preference, certain
- (i) People were chosen at ______ from the group to take part in the experiment.
(ii) Several people put their names forward to work on the committee, so we chose 3 names purely at______ .
(iii) The students staged a ________ march in front of the Legislature in anger at rising tuition fees.
A) arbitrary, knock
B) definite, praise
C) desultory, peace
D) random, protest