- A and B enters into a partnership for a year. A contributes Rs. 4000 and B Rs. 3000. After 4 months, they admit C who contributes Rs. 2500. If B withdraws his contribution after 8 months, at the end of the year they share profit in the ratio
Profit= investment* month.
Then profit ratio
A:B:C = 4000*12 : 3000*8 : 2500*8
- A and B enter into partnership. A supplies whole of the capital amounting R.s 45000 with the condition that the profits are to be equally divided and that B pays A interest on half the capital at 10% per annum. But B receives Rs 120 per month for carrying on the concern. If income of B is half the income of A, what is the total yearly profit ?
Amount Paid to B as Salary = 120 *12 = Rs. 1440.
Interest paid by B = (22500 *10)/100 = Rs. 2250.
Let total profit be 2x+1440
Then A and B get x as share.
Then total yearly profit=2*3870+1440=Rs9180.
- A, B and C invest in a partnership in the ratio 5/4, 3/2, 4/3. After 6 months, A increases his share 50%. If the total profit at the end of one year is Rs.22,155 then what is B’s share in the profit?
Then their investment (15x*6) + (15x*150/100*6) : 18x*12 : 16x*12
225x: 18x*12 : 16x*12
Total 211……….. 22155
………… 72 ……….. ?==> Rs7560.
- A, B and C are partners of a company. During a particular year A received 1/4 of the profit, B received 2/3 of the profit and C received remaining Rs. 3000. How much did B receive?
Profit earned by c=1-(1/4+2/3)=1-11/12=1/12.
Then B receives 2/3*36000=Rs24,000.
- A, B, C invest Rs. 94,000 for a business. If A invest Rs. 3000 more than B and B Rs. 8000 more than C, out of a total profit of Rs. 28,200, what will be the amount A receives?
Rs 10800Rs9945Rs10250Rs9655NoneOption A
Let C investment be x
X+11000 : x+8000 😡
A:B:C=36000: 33000: 25000=36:33:25
36………….. ?==>Rs 10800.
- A received Rs. 6000 as his share out of the total profit of Rs. 9000 which he and B earned at the end of one year. If A invested Rs.120000 for 6 months, whereas B invested his amount for the whole year, what was the amount invested by B?
If B invested Rs. x.
Then, A : B = 20000 * 6 : x * 12.
120000/12x : 6000/3000
x = 120000/24 = Rs5000.
- An amount of money is to be divided among A, B and C in the ratio 4 : 5 : 6, respectively. If the amount received by C is Rs. 3,000 more than the amount received by B, what will be the total amount received by A and B together?
Difference (C-B) 1…….. 3000
…….. ……. 9(A+B) …… ? ==>Rs27000.
- P and Q enters into a partnership with their capitals in the ratio 5 : 8. At the end of 8 months, P withdraws his capital. If they receive their shares profits in the ratio 1 : 2, find out how long Q’s capital was invested in the business?
P:Q=5*8 : 8*x
Profit ratio 1:2
- X, Y and Z were sharing profits in the ratio 4 : 3 : 2. Y retired from the firm and X and Z decide to share profits in the ratio 3 : 2. Calculate the Profit ratio.
Profit ratio (3/5-4/9) : (2/5-2/9)
=(27-20)/45 : (18-10)/45
- A and B started a partnership business investing some amount in the ratio of 3 : 5. C joined then after six months with an amount equal to that of B. In what proportion should the profit at the end of one year be distributed among A, B and C?
11:6:88:4:56 : 10 : 55:8:7NoneOption C
Let investment A is 3x and B is 5x, then C investment is also 5x.
A : B : C = (3x * 12) : (5x * 12) : (5x * 6)
= 36 : 60 : 30
= 6 : 10 : 5.