Simple Interest/Compound Interest Questions for IBPS PO, SBI PO, NIACL, NICL, LIC, UICL, Bank of Baroda and other competitive exams.
- A sum of amount at r% compound interest doubles in 2 years. In 6years it will be a times of the original principal. What is the value of r?
- Rs 15000 amounts to Rs 25920 in 3 years at r% per annum of compound interest. What is the value of r?
- If simple interest on a certain sum of money for 6 years at 5% per annum is same as the simple interest on Rs. 720 for 8 years at the rate of 6% per annum then the sum of money is
A) Rs 1152
B) Rs 1235
C) Rs 1310
D) Rs 1420
- Harish borrowed a sum of money and returned it in three equal quarterly installment of Rs17576 each. Find the sum borrowed if the rate of interest charged was 16% per annum compounded quarterly . find also the total interest charged?
A) 36425, 3215
B) 48775, 3953
C) 45620, 3542
D) 38565, 2965
- Mr. X invested 1/4 of his total investment at 5% and 1/3 at 4% and rest at 3% for the one year and received total interest of Rs. 460. What is the total sum invested?
A) Rs 14000
B) Rs 13500
C) Rs 15000
D) Rs 12000
- A person invests some amount at 4% per annum and another amount at 6% per annum. If two-third of the first amount is equal to the one-two of the second amount, and total interest earned in 2 years is Rs. 1080, what was the total sum invested?
C) Rs 9365
D) Rs 10125
- An amount is invested in two schemes, A and B. Ratio of investment in A to that of B is 17:8. A gives interest after 2 years at 10% compound interest while B gives interest after 2 years at 21% simple interest. What will be the ratio of interest earned through A to that of B?
- Find the amount of Rs. 5000 invested at 10% during the period from 1st Jan, 2017 to 15 Apr 2017
A) Rs 4935.25
B) Rs 5345.5
C) Rs 5200
D) Rs 5143.8
- A sum is being lent at 15 % per annum compound interest what is the ratio of increase in amount of 4th year to 5th year?
- At what percent per annum will a sum of money triple in 14 years?
C) 14 2/7%
D) 13 1/2%